C4 Forums | Control4

SR250 waiting for network

If your DECT phone is a 2.4GHz DECT, it *could* be part of the problem, but I would think you should correlate the issues you're having with someone being on the phone.

The other typical 'interference' candidates include baby monitors, wireless video security cameras.

RyanE

I am also encountering this issue on an intermittent basis. ... It usually happens on the weekend and mostly at night around 7pm.

I've only just glanced through this thread, so forgive me if I repeat a suggestion or am just completely off the mark...

If performance issues are happening at a specific time, I'd first want to look for events that are running on a schedule that may be slowing things down... like lots of lights going on or off, possibly with various conditions (variables, alarm system status, etc.) being checked?

M.

Nothing much was going on as it usually happens while lying on the couch trying to relax from the work day. I only have a small number of C4 pieces and the only thing in the living room is an outlet switch which we don't really use much. I don't have the thermostat or alarm system hooked up to C4. Right now I wouldn't spend another dime on this stuff because it seems very unreliable and as I told my dealer it is one of the worse purchases I have ever made.

Once again tonight when I got home from work same thing, "Waiting for network" and so I tried the batteries trick and rebooting the main control downstairs.

In regards to the phone it is suppose to be higher than 2.4 GHz and no one is using it at the times of the issues.

My dealer thinks it is one of my neighbours interfering with the system but that is a guess, it is challenging to figure out what is going on.

I think he could come sniff out any potentially problematic networks.

Sarge88, if it makes you feel any better I have had C4 many years, in two different homes, ranging from a small system starting out to the much larger system I have today, and I have NEVER had this problem aside from a breif period (30 seconds) after the remote has suffered from a fairly hard drop that jarred the batteries.

Having the right person install and setup this stuff makes all the difference...it sounds like your dealer might not be doing everything he can for you.

My system is beyond stable, rock solid, and is something that gets used all day everyday. I'm telling you that if properly setup, even on a budget, the system is fantastic. Sounds like time to get a new dealer if you ask me.

I see this problem and I agree with you- very sad. The neighbor thing doesn't apply if you go to 1.8. Dealers don't bother to scope-out your RF situation and this is the result. Dan is one exception and he lives in compound on 20 acres so he doesn't count :)

Why don't you tell your dealer to loan you a CA repeater???? I know they work for me.

I can't say my remote never says waiting for network but rarely and it used to be such a pain. I also had the problem where I would do multiple key pushes and 20 seconds later and then all the commands would flood out in a chain.

I did multiple things:

Got rid of a 2.4Ghz phone that was in my living room. When the phone was in use the SR250 would not send commands to the HC300 at all, it interrupted the Zigbee signal completely!!

I noticed that the director was not at an idle status. Seemed to be stuck in a loop getting a/v devices or a/v media constantly. (see screen shot) Disconnecting the HC300 running director and reconnecting it to the project seemed to clear this problem. Now it gets a/v devices or media and then goes to idle. This seemed to end the commands delaying and then sending all at once.

I changed the network switch that the HC300 in my living room was connected to. I changed it to a Netgear Prosafe switch to match the rest that are in the network.

Deleted the Media Scenes I had in my project. C4 Tech I training instructor said that they caused problems, and C4 recommends not using them. Although ILoveC4 says he runs several and has no problems.

I did the upgrade from 1.7.3.68 to 1.7.4.36

Turned off all screen savers for the onscreen Navigators.

I re-imaged the SR250.

Stood facing North and threw salt over my shoulder while standing on 1 leg and rubbing a rabbits foot.

After all that I have had little problem. Once in a while a remote will read Waiting For Network when I first pick it up to use it but within 5 seconds it initializes and loads the room.

Is it just a coincidence? I don't care... it's working !!! :lol::lol:

I just recently ran into this problem after changing the channel on my wireless access point. Nothing Zigbee Pro worked in my whole house. Remote, lighting, thermostat, etc. Changed the channel back and everything was back to normal.

When you say you re-imaged the SR250, what do you mean?

I can't say my remote never says waiting for network but rarely and it used to be such a pain. I also had the problem where I would do multiple key pushes and 20 seconds later and then all the commands would flood out in a chain.

I did multiple things:

Got rid of a 2.4Ghz phone that was in my living room. When the phone was in use the SR250 would not send commands to the HC300 at all, it interrupted the Zigbee signal completely!!

I noticed that the director was not at an idle status. Seemed to be stuck in a loop getting a/v devices or a/v media constantly. (see screen shot) Disconnecting the HC300 running director and reconnecting it to the project seemed to clear this problem. Now it gets a/v devices or media and then goes to idle. This seemed to end the commands delaying and then sending all at once.

I changed the network switch that the HC300 in my living room was connected to. I changed it to a Netgear Prosafe switch to match the rest that are in the network.

Deleted the Media Scenes I had in my project. C4 Tech I training instructor said that they caused problems, and C4 recommends not using them. Although ILoveC4 says he runs several and has no problems.

I did the upgrade from 1.7.3.68 to 1.7.4.36

Turned off all screen savers for the onscreen Navigators.

I re-imaged the SR250.

Stood facing North and threw salt over my shoulder while standing on 1 leg and rubbing a rabbits foot.

After all that I have had little problem. Once in a while a remote will read Waiting For Network when I first pick it up to use it but within 5 seconds it initializes and loads the room.

Is it just a coincidence? I don't care... it's working !!! :lol::lol:

1. Remove a battery from the Control4 Remote.

2. Hold the 0 and the red "4" button and place the battery back.

3. The colored buttons under the red 4 will then go bright and dim. (Let go of the 0 and 4)

4. Wait until this process has finished and you should see a normal LCD. (Could take up to 10-15 minutes)

1. Remove a battery from the Control4 Remote.

2. Hold the 0 and the red "4" button and place the battery back.

3. The colored buttons under the red 4 will then go bright and dim. (Let go of the 0 and 4)

4. Wait until this process has finished and you should see a normal LCD. (Could take up to 10-15 minutes)

I haven't tried that yet, I will tonight and see if it fixes it for me as I am still having the same issues

I'm using a media scene right now...works wonderfully.

It sure is nice to control all the audio at once.

So' date=' what is a media scene?[/quote']

Media scene basically puts all the rooms that are in the scene on the same source. It basically treats all the rooms as if it is one room. All the volume adjusts together, the sources change together, etc..

It is really nice for events like the Super Bowl. You have the game on every TV, the audio over every speaker, etc...

When milling around the house I have several media scenes I use that play music in different parts of the house. The best part of it is when you change the volume in any room, it changes the volume in every room.

FYI .. There is a recent C4 Tech Bulletin concerning "Waiting for Network" instances being reported with the SR250. If you are experiencing this you should contact your dealer and ask them if it pertains to your system, and if the procedures outlined in the bulletin may help.

The gist, as I read it, is that there are problems being reported and

1/ C4 wants logged info to pursue changes to correct the problem

2/ it provides routines to attempt to fix the problem

Since so many here have complained about this problem, while others have not, I asked whether I could mention that it existed and so I have. It is 6 pages long and covers multiple ways the Waiting for Network may display and how it is affecting the functionality of the remote. I can't get into specifics as it is dealer material and can't provide copies of the bulletin.

Seriously though if you get your dealer involved it will provide C4 with collective information so as to correct the problem.

Well, you know I would but it's like this, I can't even get proper attention when my director crashes and brings down the house so I'm not going to bother with something like this.

I don't even get so much as a "we couldn't find anything" when C4 is in my shorts remotely. Why is that? And, if C4 is talking to the dealer (which I doubt) why does my dealer not relay something?

Go ahead C4, keep a lid on things until YOU better understand all the install permutations your dealers are faced with.

The gist, as I read it, is that there are problems being reported and

1/ C4 wants logged info to pursue changes to correct the problem

2/ it provides routines to attempt to fix the problem

Since so many here have complained about this problem, while others have not, I asked whether I could mention that it existed and so I have. It is 6 pages long and covers multiple ways the Waiting for Network may display and how it is affecting the functionality of the remote. I can't get into specifics as it is dealer material and can't provide copies of the bulletin.

Seriously though if you get your dealer involved it will provide C4 with collective information so as to correct the problem.

I agree with controlfouruserguy but I also would like to thank you for this post cause there is definatly a problem that must be fixed here.

• 1 month later...

I know that this is an old thread, but I wanted to ask if there was any resolution or fix to this issue. My remote basically loses connection to my HC-300 for a couple of days about once a month. The batteries say 82%. There are no phones in the room and I am only about 7 feet from the controller. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it to stop working. I can still control all of my equipment with Composer-HE programming (including a wireless light switch), so it doesn't seem to be the controller.

• 3 months later...

When you spend the money for a Control 4 system the last thing you would expect is remote control failures. I have four 150 and three 250 remotes. They all fail and so far no reason for failures has been determined. I added an Ipad and Itouch as back ups.

• 3 years later...

Archived