C4 Forums | Control4

8x1 HDMI Switch

srhamy

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=4067&seq=1&format=2

I haven't used it myself' date=' but i've heard good things about it.[/quote']

A friend of mine uses a Monoprice 4x4 HDMI matrix and really likes it...

A while back I tried theirs. Could not get it to work with a Denon receiver. Evidently it was a 'known issue' YMMV.

• 4 years later...

I think my Monoprice 5x1 might be dead, looking at the 8x1 referenced in this thread, or something a little better.  Anybody used any of these recently?  Anybody gotten the serial port to work for a C4 driver on the 8x1?  I don't care about 4k support since this will be only used with 1080p or less devices.

Turls I came across an 8x2 (basically behaves like an 8x1) for around 600-700k that was HDCP 2.2 4k compliant the other day. It was only 4k2k but still. Just letting you know HDCP 2.2 ones now are starting to come out of Taiwan... Cheers. Wap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually sorry Turls. I just noticed its a 6x2... Anyway. The HDCP 2.2 chips are out. Not the full 4k4k chips that Denon will be upgrading their flagship customers too in a couple months: but they are obviously following shortly. This one above is RS-232 though.

Edit. Sorry T I just noticed you didn't want 4k. My bad. Wap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually sorry Turls. I just noticed its a 6x2... Anyway. The HDCP 2.2 chips are out. Not the full 4k4k chips that Denon will be upgrading their flagship customers too in a couple months: but they are obviously following shortly. This one above is RS-232 though.

Edit. Sorry T I just noticed you didn't want 4k. My bad. Wap

That's ok good to know there are HDCP 2.2 devices out now...this is going into my non 4k Lumagen and Marantz chain--and those won't be upgraded for years while I wait for the Atmos, etc to shake out the way I like.  I have too many devices for my AVR so this is overflow.

I might go for the IOGear one I linked, it comes with a 3 year warranty too for not a ton more than the Monoprice.

• 2 years later...

Ok, a little ahead of schedule I have a bunch of 4K / UHD HDMI sources and still not enough inputs on a Raidance Pro.  So I need to replace my iOGEAR 8x1 HDMI switch.  I need HDCP 2.2 and UHD, and preferably HDR support.  I need at least IR for remote control so I can integrate it into Control4.  Anybody have any good luck with anything?  Perhaps the Blackbird ones from Monoprice?

Archived