C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat Factory Reset

dbuono

Update. When I press button 2 seven times, it shows that the thermostat is on zigbee channel 8. How can I change the channel back to 14? Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. -- I also sent this question to my dealer, but I though this might result in a quicker answer.

I think this is the problem... The Wireless Thermostats are 1.8.x+ right? I know the one I bought was... This was my reason for doing the update.

So you might need to do the update if you are trying to add it to your project - "Talk to your Dealer"

• 7 months later...

I have tried this sequence posted for 1.8 with no response from the thermostat does anyone have more of a definition on which buttons it actually is ...all i want to do is remove it from the mesh so can add it to a different one ...thank you in advance....I have searched a lot on this forum and thought i may be able to find a list for the button sequences to add or remove devices to the network? can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you for the response i have been able to release it from the previous setup and add it to my new project and everything was working fine now all of a sudden i am no longer power stealing apparently as the unit has gone completely blank which i assume the battery went dead? I an not seem to find the diagram instructions i believe the link is no longer available...not sure if i should run a common or not the transformer that is suppose to supply 24 VAC seems to have an issue as it does not read 24 VAC and i am not sure if that is my problem ..but since the thermostat dies while the heat was running that is the relay that is active and i can set it on the base and the heat will come on even though the 24 VAC transformer reading oddly? ***confused***

I might also add that at this point the thermostat is not registering in composer besides the mac and version info and it states that it is externally powered but everything else is grayed out...gonna try removeing entire project and reloading it

• 10 months later...

Archived