• Create Account

Welcome to the New c4Forums.com!

We will be enhancing the platform daily now that we are officially online. You can read and discuss the new platform here or for access issues please email c4forums@c4forums.com. Thanks!

Photo

SR250 "Searching for network" happens at least once a day!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 givemecontol

givemecontol

End User

• c4Forums Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

This is getting really annoying, and the wife factor is going down quickly! I have tried to search for this problem on the forum, but I am not finding anything. At least once a day, my remote goes into a “Searching for Network” mode. When it does this, I loose all control of the system through my remote. The SR250 is my only device for controlling my HC300, and when it quits in the middle of my wife’s show, I hear about it. Has anyone else experiences this. I was told that if I hit the C4 button several times in a row, that it will reset the controller, and this does work, but then takes me away from what I was viewing. Any ideas what I can check? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,
Mike

#2 achoudhary

achoudhary

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 394 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

Yup. Tell me about it! This seems to happen more with my SR-150 rather than the 250 though.

#3 srhamy

srhamy

End User

• c4Forums Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

I don't know if it is applicable in your situation, but rechargable batteries have been suggested as a possible problem. If you aren't using them, try a battery replacement with a quality battery.

Edited by srhamy, 03 August 2010 - 01:14 PM.

#4 givemecontol

givemecontol

End User

• c4Forums Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

Not rechargable, but costco kirkland brand batteries. Is this honestly a possible solution?! Energizer must love C4! I will give it a go. Thanks.

.... any other thoughts?

Edited by givemecontol, 03 August 2010 - 01:20 PM.

#5 thecodeman

thecodeman

C4 Guru

• Control4 Dealer
  • 5,906 posts
  • LocationDFW, TX

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:34 PM

Those batteries are terrible in electronics, IMO. Had issues with the door locks in a customers house, and as a last effort I replaced with Duracells. Worked muuuch better after that. Be careful of the "rocket" brand batteries that came with some of the SR250s too, I've seen a few of them explode (not saying that any brand battery wont, but keep an eye on it)
www.estreamdigital.com

#6 DanH

DanH

Village Idiot

• c4Forums Member
  • 10,524 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

I use Kirkland brand batteries in all my doorlocks and SR-250's, I've never had a problem.

It sounds to me like a zigbee issue...
Can Control4 really be done completely DIY? http://www.c4diy.com/

Dan - dan@c4diy.com

#7 givemecontol

givemecontol

End User

• c4Forums Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

Is this really not a common problem? Is it for sure a problem with the remote and not the HC300? How can I check?

Thanks

#8 Ultima

Ultima

• c4Forums Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

Have similar remote issues with both 150 and 250, annoying to say the least. Have installed new batteries with some improvement.

#9 tigrzeye

tigrzeye

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 564 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

http://www.c4forums....id=46635#p46635

see the above topic .. not saying you will find an absolute answer there as I still have the problem, but very rarely. I notice it more after a power brown out or outage and just added a UPS to my main controller. It seems to happen more to my one SR250 than the other.

RyanE do you know if C4 has found out anything after issuing the bulletin regarding the waiting for network problem with the SR250 and if so any fix??

Edited by tigrzeye, 03 August 2010 - 04:30 PM.

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will
accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop." - Robert Hughes

Royal Security Services, Inc. 1-800-488-7692

#10 DanH

DanH

Village Idiot

• c4Forums Member
  • 10,524 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

Reading this forum it would appear the problem is common, but in 5 years I haven't experienced it. My only complaint with the SR-250 is if it gets much of a "bump" (I have young kids) it reboots. When it reboots you get the "waiting on network" for about 2 seconds.

I think the reason this happens is the spring that holds the batteries in place is pretty weak, and when it gets bumped the batteries depress the spring to the point that they lose contact on one side, thus breifly cutting power to the remote. I should try and bend those springs up and see if that helps...I bet it would...

Dan - dan@c4diy.com

#11 RyanE

RyanE

Control4

• c4Forums Ambassador
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:47 PM

I have stretched the springs on a couple of my SR-250's, and I think it does help if they're in a location that's likely to be bumped, but honestly, I never see the message anymore, now that I'm on 2.0, and I hadn't seen it for a long time in the 2.0 beta.

RyanE

#12 weenuspyg

weenuspyg

End User

• c4Forums Member
  • 44 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

Be sure to read the link posted by Tigrzeye. I haven't had a problem since I switched wifi channels.
Troy

#13 tigrzeye

tigrzeye

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 564 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:31 PM

weenuspyg .. what wifi channel did you end up switching to?

#14 weenuspyg

weenuspyg

End User

• c4Forums Member
  • 44 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

http://www.c4forums....pic.php?id=5839

This is another thread that addresses this issue. I went from 11 to 9 then to 6 due to my computers not liking channel 9. I must say, at the time I was ready to sell what few pieces of C4 gear I had and the wife was ready to throw me out (it is amazing how mad someone can get when the fast-forward button doesn't work). Now, I love it and she is coming around.
Troy

#15 jscharf

jscharf

• c4Forums Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

I had same problem. Both of my 250's would just become non-functional. Virtually every day. Replacing or reinstalling the batteries sent it to "waitin on network" and would not connect for a very long time (sometimes hours!). I powered down my entire C4 system and restarted it. I haven't had the problem since. Can't explain it. My dealer could not find the source of the issue or explain it. But I'm an IT guy and eventually the "just reboot it" answer always comes into play. As I side note, the speed at which my remote commands were processed also seemed to increase... now it is back to being very snappy. Try it.

#16 sdpk2020

sdpk2020

End User

• c4Forums Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:06 PM

I already posted my SIMILAR issue,Searching for Siganl,No signal.It has been irritating me but dealer tech is unable to fix it.any ideas?,If ask any other Best Buy Control 4 tech will charge$90 for visit.I dont know what to do and can we contact product support?

#17 neildilgee

neildilgee

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:27 AM

This is what works for me. I flush the remote until it says waiting for signal again. Then I take out the batteries and reboot the controller. Once rebooted, I reinstall the batteries, press the C4 button 4 times , the SR will search for signal and keep the remote awake. it work most of the times.

Edited by neildilgee, 08 August 2010 - 08:27 AM.

Neil

#18 DanH

DanH

Village Idiot

• c4Forums Member
  • 10,524 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

Just curious, what wifi channel are your guys' wireless routers broadcasting on?

Dan - dan@c4diy.com

#19 neildilgee

neildilgee

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

I'm on 14
Neil

#20 tigrzeye

tigrzeye

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 564 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:39 AM

^Neil is that your zibgee channel??

WiFi here on channel 1. Just switched to it to test, was on 11. I read somewhere that the WiFi channels that do not overlap with zigbee are 1, 6, and 11.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users