C4 Forums | Control4

SR250 "Searching for network" happens at least once a day!

What's your wireless broadcasting on?

Mine is on 6 and I've never had these type of issues.

Does it required wifi? I am new and dont know how it works but I have comcast internet with linksys router.Do I need to change with linksys or control 4?

Pls explain how and where to setup.

Thanks!

The C4 remote does not require WiFi but it does operate in the same radio frequencies that WifI and other devices operate on. This is called the ISM band. See this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISM_band

Since many devices share the ISM band there is the possibility of interference from other devices.

so,how do I change the channel with linksys router or HC-200?.I know changing channel for linksys router but no idea about HC-200.If it is with HC-200,pls provide the steps.

A 'Waiting for Network' message that stays onscreen for a long period of time is an indicator that the SR-250 remote is well unable to find the ZigBee Server. This usually means that there is interference that causes signal loss or that the signal is too weak in the area that you are in.

A bump that can cause the batteries to move can cause the remote to reset. The remote will then have to reinitialize itself and will display the 'Waiting for Network' message whilst it connects.

A dense zigbee mesh will strengthen the signal to overcome issues wuch as attenuation and certain RF interference however due to the nature of RF interference may still be problematic if the mesh is not setup correctly.

I recommend that you get your installer to do a 2.4ghz analysis using a product such as the wispy to optimise your zigbee network and isolate your 2.4ghz traffic so that frequencies don't overlap.

I have experienced on multiple systems and there are several potential causes.

1. Wifi ( or other RF) Interference. Have you dealer Change the zigbee channel that the C4 system is operating on. It is easy to do, and through trial and error it may do the trick. May also get the channel away from where cordless phones frequencies are operating. Start with 25 and work your way down.

2. How far away from the hc-300 is the remote when in use? If it is too far without any zigbee repeaters (c4 lights, thermostats or card access devices) it may actually be losing signal. You may need zigbee repeater devices. If you are in a room that has multiple zigbee devices, the remote may be hopping from one repeater to another as it is moved around the room. The answer for this is a card access device that has a much stringer radio. the remote would most likely grab on to that device and stop hopping.

because

3. What version of software is your 300 running? If it is 1.8 or later (Zigbee Pro) The project may run slower because of the additional processor demands that zigbee pro places on a single processor system. You may need an additional processor to spread out the work load.

4. Low batteries can cause it, but new batteries may not fix it.

Best of luck.

Hello folks,

I'm new here - have had a whole-home system for a few weeks. I am experiencing the "search for network" bug as well. I've read most of the related threads here and I'm hoping my dealer can help soon. I talked to him yesterday (he's out of town on vacation) and he suggested a whole-system shut-down. So I just switched off the circuit-breaker for the room where the rack is, waited a bit, and switched it back on. Since that time (it's been 12 hours), my touch screens say "Connecting to Director" and never change. The remotes still say "waiting for network." The "link" light on the controller boxes are not lit - something I've noticed should happen.

Here's my question: Am I missing something in the start-up process that's preventing the system from connecting to the director? As far as I can tell, everything in the rack is powered on. It seems that this may be different from the remote problem - before the shutdown, I could still play music, etc. Now, it's in limbo. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Quick Edit: I am on C4 2.0.

Leel,

I have also been getting the same issue and my dealer technician is unable to fix the issue.Dont know what to do ? Is there any way that we can contact the product people.I have HC-200 with SR-250 for entertainment only(no lighting and thermo).

Pls do share the info once you resolve the issue to fix my issue as well.

Are you guys changing your wifi channel as has been suggested in almost every post?

I would bet that's your issue. If you're not going to listen to the advice then quit asking questions.

yes,My linksys router wireless was on auto. so changed to channel 6 but did not fix the issue though rebooted the entire control 4,router and everything.

Archived