C4 Forums | Control4

Webserver for Control4

xc420

It would be cool if there was a webserver for Control4 either on the controller itself or on the LAN. Something else besides foresight that is free to access through the web, no $149 a year charge to access your own stuff. :)

Thanks Ryan, I've been playing around with my own webserver, but it's not on the controller. I'd like for it to be on the controller. It only has some basic room commands and some lighting controls so far but I'd like to expand on what I've done so far.

I'd like for it to discover the items and create the controls on the webpage automatically. Like how the cgi script works.

I'm sort of new to Javascript and PHP scripting so this is just a project for me to learn from.

NICE!

Quick question though, have you used Flash Navigator available on my.control4.com? Aside from being web based and having to long in, I don't see an upside to this app. That does everything, and it's already in place.

Do you see this having more functionality?

I don't have foresight and I also don't have the Iphone/ipad app.

I don't see this having more functionality now but I can add more functionality to it.

I only see this as a way for controlling everything from a mobile phone, itouch, ipad, laptop anything with a web browser from anywhere.

edit: removed a dumb question about foresight

xc420 - This looks very cool and interesting. I understand that you said you're still working on music control, but have you been able to get everything else working? I'm interested in the possibilities of doing this in XML for implementation on Cisco color IP phones. Cisco phones work with Cisco Unified Communication products, but also work with open-source Asterisk based PBX systems that are not hard to implement and can therefore be run in a person's home. It would be great to be able to control certain Control4 features from these phones and/or see status messages sent from the controllers.

xc420 - This looks very cool and interesting. I understand that you said you're still working on music control, but have you been able to get everything else working? I'm interested in the possibilities of doing this in XML for implementation on Cisco color IP phones. Cisco phones work with Cisco Unified Communication products, but also work with open-source Asterisk based PBX systems that are not hard to implement and can therefore be run in a person's home. It would be great to be able to control certain Control4 features from these phones and/or see status messages sent from the controllers.

+1 That's an excellent application.

Archived