C4 Forums | Control4

St. Jude Dream Home - Control4

diamonddesign

Although it wasn't a huge project, I wanted to show a charity job we did for the largest St. Jude dream home built to date. Each year St. Jude Children's hospital builds "dream homes" and sells tickets for $100 each to win the entire home. This year, the dream home in Charleston, WV, their largest dream home to date, included a home theater with control by Control4. We donated the bulk of what you see (even though St. Jude lised us as Diamond Home Design). Vutec came through with a screen and Vutec is an amazing company to work with.

I snapped a few pics with my camera phone the other day. Again, not over the top but winning a $800,000 4,300 sq. ft. house for $100 total investment will allow a lucky homeowner to upgrade the room after he or she wins.

St. Jude does amazing things for children so this was a "feel good" project.

Added the camera phone pics to the original post (taken with my new Galaxy S - 4 G Sammy Epic phone). St. Jude will have professional shots taken soon. I didn't put the Contol4 remote out because they have 10,000+ people come to the open house and I'm sure some sicko would steal the remote from this charitable project.

Thanks. I also use a Silvestar at home (with automask). This one pictured is only their 1.5 gain. My request was for SS but you take what you can get when its donated. Once the winner gets the house, I'm going to go back and try to convince them to do some reasonable upgrades that St. Jude wouldn't spring for and that I couldn't afford to donate along with he rest of the project. Being a Comfortex dealer, a motorized window shade controlled by C4 is one of those things.

FYI, according to my JVC guy, their new 3d projectors work best on silverstars due to light loss and the gain of the SS so that is what they are recommending for their upcoming 3d projectors. I'm not big into 3d but it sounds like you are covered for the future should you decide to upgrade the projector to 3d land down the road.

Archived