C4 Forums | Control4

Project locked

I am trying to set up a few schedules. When I try and drag the action to the script in home edition, i get an error that says the project is locked system may be updating...any ideas on how i can unlock the project?

Can you back up your project or add agents?

• 1 month later...

I think that customers who REALLY want it, should be able to buy Composer PRO. (perhaps level 1 training would be a prerequisite, what ever) Let's face it, most people aren't going to be bothered with programming and adding devices. But, C4 can be a really FUN hobby for tech savey users. Give the users who want to, the tools to play. I think C4 would see a boom in creative uses of their system. I also think you would see a landslide of new customers that currently have a mix mosh of Insteon/Harmony remotes/ whatever, that would like to have a C4 system, but are scared away by the dealer progamming only policies.

The point is Composer Pro doesn't have lock up issues (according to my dealer), but Composer HE does. That's the point I was trying to get at before going sideways. Some of my programs I use at work require a HASP key. This is a usb key that unlocks certain modules in the software. Maybe Composer Pro can use this same method which would keep the integrety of the program. Certain menu items would remain "shaded out" in absense the pro key. This may be a better method then having two seperate programs with certain code deleted out of the HE version. Just a thought.

^ Give Paul Williams (VP of Support Services at Control4) a call, tell him your a customer of his and attempt to share your opinion. Just make sure you're not driving a vehicle or holding a deadly weapon when you talk with him...you may get so irritated you act irrationally =)

Dan,

I'd appreciate it personally if you'd stop with ad hominem attacks against Control4 and/or specific Control4 employees. Anything you say is one-sided, and could only be understood if someone knew your whole history with Control4, which I think we'd all rather be spared finding out.

Just as a counter-point, I personally have known Paul Williams for *many* years, and have found him to be quite a reasonable person, and I chalk your experiences with him up to your specific circumstances and history with the company. I've seen him interact with some very difficult people, and keep his cool, and manage situations just fine.

As far as Control4 using a dongle to limit access to functionality within the app, or access to ComposerPro with a dongle, that certainly has been suggested within Control4, and decided against, mainly due to the fact that dongles are pretty onerous to the user.

I'm surprised you'd still be having 'lockup' issues if you're on the latest HE release, and your HE version matches your controller version, since HE and Pro use the same access methods to the controller, and are for nearly all intents and purposes the same.

The only issue I've heard of with HE having issues where Pro didn't was due to the lack of a certificate created during HE installation with earlier versions of 2.0.

RyanE

This is still all off-track. The problem is very small but still within the realm of Control4. My guy has been on the phone with Support and both parties are drawing a blank. It shouldn't be happening at all and doesn't with CPro but that's besides the point. Some installs of 2.0.x, over the top of exising projects (not legacy OSs) are causing this.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem. When trying to add new agents, I get the error message, "the project is locked." I was getting this several weeks ago when trying to create a schedule. Of course when I tried to show it to my dealer it worked: kind of like a trip to the Dr.

I'm running Director 2.04.92890, Oct 8, 2010 and HE 2.04 build 92890

Any advise?

I've looked in the settings: My navigator is v2.0.5.99233.1 and the Director is v2.0.4.92890. HE is v2.0.4.- 92890

Are you saying all three should be v2.05? I see that 4sight now only shows the 2.05 version of HE available for download, so I can do that if required, but how do I update the director?

Thanks

I've looked in the settings: My navigator is v2.0.5.99233.1 and the Director is v2.0.4.92890. HE is v2.0.4.- 92890

Are you saying all three should be v2.05? I see that 4sight now only shows the 2.05 version of HE available for download, so I can do that if required, but how do I update the director?

Thanks

They should all be the same, although that probably isn't the cause of your problem.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had this issue with all variables like "schedule" and "wake up"...I posted it on here, then another dealer logged on and did something remotely that opened those up?

but I still can't access some of the agents tab like announcements and such.

very weird. I am having an HC-1000 installed end of this week, end of next week - and assuming dealer will update to latest ( as i am 2.04)...

hopefully that will work.

Archived