C4 Forums | Control4

Set up IR Emitter or Blaster

C4

Hi Everyone,

From the HC-300 installation guide "Set up IR Emitter and IR Blaster" section, it looks like it would just worked magically if we stick the end of emitter over the IR receiver of the device we want to control. I couldn't find more information online, but I want more detail to confirm how this works. Can anyone help me clarifying some points? More specifically, I have the following questions:

1. How does the HC-300 learn the IR commands?

2. To set up the IR control, I'm assuming we need to write a driver? and what kind of information from the device I want to contorl is required to set the IR control up?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

From the HC-300 installation guide "Set up IR Emitter and IR Blaster" section, it looks like it would just worked magically if we stick the end of emitter over the IR receiver of the device we want to control. I couldn't find more information online, but I want more detail to confirm how this works. Can anyone help me clarifying some points? More specifically, I have the following questions:

2. To set up the IR control, I'm assuming we need to write a driver? and what kind of information from the device I want to contorl is required to set the IR control up?

Thanks

Setting aside the actual question . . . is it really the case that the user name "C4" was never registered until today? Wow!! Well done, new user. ;-)

That would be like going to reserve a personalized license plate in 2010 and finding out "car" was still available. :-)

I don't have Composer pro, but I have some dealer contacts and I'll be willing to get any equipment I need. So any way that would help me solve the problem would be really appreciated(with/without dealer help). =)

I don't have Composer pro, but I have some dealer contacts and I'll be willing to get any equipment I need. So any way that would help me solve the problem would be really appreciated(with/without dealer help). =)

To clarify my previous post, I'm not trying to solve the problem without help from the dealer =). I just want to know whether it's possible to be solved using HC-300 and A way to set up the IR control.

Through its front panel.

Yes a driver is needed as well as a proxy. You'll need make/model/types of connections it has/the applicable IR codes needed for the functions you wish C4 to control.

All covered in Tech I training - it's pretty straightforward. Your dealer should be able to help you out.

2. To set up the IR control' date=' I'm assuming we need to write a driver? and what kind of information from the device I want to contorl is required to set the IR control up?[/quote']

Yes a driver is needed as well as a proxy. You'll need make/model/types of connections it has/the applicable IR codes needed for the functions you wish C4 to control.

All covered in Tech I training - it's pretty straightforward. Your dealer should be able to help you out.

Thanks a lot for replying. I'm wondering if I need to figure out how the IR codes for the function first, then write the driver? or C4 has a function to help me figure out the IR codes?

For the device I have, it comes with a IR remote control. Would the remote control help in figuring out the IR codes

Archived