C4 Forums | Control4

Error Capturing Code

cbstive

I have added many drivers in the past. But encountering an issue

I am adding a IPTV Amino box and when trying to capture the IR it first tells me there is an alternate code then the next try it tells me there is an error capturing the code.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Often downlights etc will interfere with your IR learning procedure, I do all of mine with all halogen lights etc off. Also try different distances from the controller. You may even fid the components around your C4 controller are affecting it, Try turning all other devices off at the mains, Some remotes can overpower the ir receiver so try it further away. Hardwired laptop into the switch for definate as WiFI always is a problem for me when learning codes.

It is possible that the IR frequency output by your equipment is out of the range or on the fringe of the range the IR receiver of the C4 controller can capture.

One solution is to capture the code with a different remote like an old Pronto and grab the hex code and enter it into the driver.

OP - Check here - http://www.remotecentral.com/

You can check for the pronto codes there. If memory serves me there's a free software application you can install as well which will let you decode the pronto file and get at the hex codes, which you can then in turn drop into the IR driver in the C4 system.

Been awhile since I had to do that. If I get a few minutes later I'll do a refresh on it and see if I can give you more specific instructions.

Edit to add:

Check here specifically. It looks like the codes are documented: http://www.remotecentral.com/files/ind-408.htm

What remote device can I buy that will capture the hex codes and then display them in software?

I checked remote central and the only file I could find was a .cml file. From the description it appears to be some codes pulled on a ELAN system which I opened and had about 8 codes non of which were tagged which function they are for.

Turning the lights off helped a little with capturing but the codes still do not work. Also double check the IR connections to make sure they were correct and functioning.

I did get a .ir file from the LEC but the program I used to open it up isn't the friendliest so I am reading up.

Archived