C4 Forums | Control4

zap coordinator vs. zigbee server?

wpervaiz

are you runngin 1.7 or 1.8(zigbee pro)?

in 1.7, one control4 system can be used one or multiple zigbee servers. NO ZAP was introduce at the time.

in 1.8, one control4 system can be use only ONE zigbee server in any HC-class controller (you CANNOT use HTC or MC as zigbee server). An addition of ZAP(Zigbee Access Point) help extend the radio signal of the closest NODES.

You can run both zigbee server and zap in one HC controller but not hc1000

If you want to upgrade zigbee into zigbee pro devices, you need an additional zap in the system or a USB upgrade. In your case you should be fine to upgrade because you have hc-200 running as ZAP

You can use HTC or MC as ZAP but not HC-1000 because it does not have zigbee radio.

I would use HC-300 as zigbee server, and HC-200 as ZAP in your case.

someone can chime in if I missed anything.

So if i have two TVs, how does this sound:

Hc1000: director

Hc300: Zserver, Navigator

Hc200: coordinator, Navigator

Is there any reason I would want the zserver, and zap coordinator swapped with each other? (i.e. so that hc300 runs coordinator, and hc200 runs zserver?)

thanks!

Well. put the big resource hog that doesn't require the zigbee radio on the HC1000. Everyone calls it something different anyways. It's one of those tow processes you listed, but the name varies depending on who you talk to.

It's zserver - that was the big benefit of being able to put the zserver process on the HC1000 a couple releases back, as previously it was required to run on the same controller as zigbee server.

^Yeah, it's something beyond the norm. We're working on it as I write this. Basically, been working for awhile trying to get a multi-level house to "resonate" with Zigbee. It's tough architecture that's pushing us to the limits.

Joe, can you summarize what goes on what in a single post here- I'm confused and in a tough spot currently with severe mesh problems- thanks.

this is how i set it up:

Hc1000: Zserver, director

Hc300: Navigator, zap coordinator (multiple)

Hc200: Navigator, zap coordinator (multiple)

looks solid for now

thanks guys!

Archived