C4 Forums | Control4

I wish for more music formats (WMA, AAC...)

Taylor

C4, if you wanted to make me a happy person, you guys would add these formats to the media controller system. I am having to spend HOURS converting formats (where possible...) and more hours researching legal ways to convert iTunes music so that the OWNER can actually listen to them. This could be solved so simply by adding those formats.

Taylor,

you're absolutely right. especially (for me anyway) if they were to add WMA that would make such a huge and important improvement. Windows Media Center 2005 will become a huge success when Microsoft decides to push the advertising ... which most likely will be pushed much harder once Intel announces and promotes their VIIV platform in late Q1 '06. so for that reason alone, WMA will be a very important format and i predict one of the most popular.

besides, to my ear anyway, when it comes to popular media formats like MP3,AAC or WMA ... i would say WMA wins. but certainly, MP3 is the loser.

steve

I think integrating Itunes on the Displays is Key.... We are building a Media System that has tons of Media Software (including Itunes) while using the Control4 equipment to switch the devices to the correct input, and even remotely control the computer (next song, previous song, load playlist, media center control, etc)

Archived