C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Integration services offered

Just wanted to give a shout out to Neil who helped me put a great starter system together based around an EA-3, EA-1, SR-260 and wall mounted iPad Mini.  We worked in real-time over the phone today and knocked everything out in 2-3 hours.  This included integrating my Sony XBR TV, Sony sound bar, TiVo, Sonos, Lutron Radio RA2 lights and shades, and more.  Even my gas fireplace and pool are controlled perfectly.  Everything is controlled by either IP or serial, so no ugly emitters or unreliable control.

Still have some tweaking I might want to do, but my copy of Composer HE takes a day to get fully licensed, so hopefully in a day or so I can download and make some programming changes to better suite my daily usage.

Thanks again Neil for the great experience and very fair pricing!  I'll be adding Control4 integration to my basement theater in the near futrure, and will be sure to call upon Neil again when the time comes.

-Dino

• 1 month later...

Switched to Neil to help me get Alexa actually running my C4 setup. (Hint: Have him install the 3rd party Alexa driver for instant response to commands). He pretty much knows everything about programing for C4, but his ability to integrate Alexa to take my house to the next level was awesome. Even my wife, who hates gadgets, is loving having someone else to boss around besides me.

I suspected my original dealer was a novice at this stuff, but now I know what a real C4 programmer can do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 8:47 PM, weejo11 said:

Hi Neil, Sent you PM and Email inquiry for remote integration of TT7 and Remote Controls. Waiting for your response. 

On 7/12/2018 at 8:56 PM, nerddude said:

I am looking to build my first C4 system..sent you PM

Replies headed your way sirs.

18 minutes ago, C4Jedi said:

I still have that issue with mine Neil. any ideas as to why my HC800 hasn't checked in since OCT2017? or should i just look at getting an EA5 and calling it a day?

Feel free to give me a call during the day.  Oct of 2017, that's outrageous sir.  Give me a call tomorrow.  My cell should be in my initial post sir.

• 4 weeks later...

For everyone that has sent requests, I'm getting back to everyone in order, and as fast as I can.  I've been on vacation for a while so bear with me.  I'll also be carving out a few days a week to get everyone in order, and adequate turn around times.  Appreciated as always. 

Neil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started using Neil about a year and a half to two years ago when I picked up a LG OLED TV ever since then my whole system has worked flawless I text him yesterday and asked if he could set up my OPPO 203 Blu-ray player just as the other times he was right on it and had everything going in about 10 to 15 minutes He gave me some other ideas on how to set up my system so I’m gonna pick up a few items and be contacting him again. Thanks again Neil

Neil is amazing. Fast, diligent and affordable. 

He helped me update an old system that I purchased some new gear for. He not only had me reconfigured and working great in no time, he also took the time to review my project, update old drivers, tweak things that should have been addressed years ago and generally clean up my project. He also updated me to the latest version. He was incredibly responsive, in fact he did all this over the weekend.

I really enjoyed working with Neil, he is a nice guy who really wants to get it right. He is also very competent, so the changes were fast and efficient. He also took the time to make sure I know how to use some to the updates and now my system is performing better than it ever has.

I can't recommend Neil highly enough. If you need help with C4 programming, I strongly recommend you give Neil a shot. If my experience is typical, you will not be disappointed.

Mark

• 1 month later...

Well, I got to meet Neil (over the phone) tonight.   Just outstanding - thanks Neil.  

For everyone else here, Neil knows his stuff.  Had been working on a problem getting IP control on my TV working for hours.  Neil got it done in 30 minutes.  Definitely recommended.  

Thanks Neil!   Next time you're up here, I'll buy the first round!

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to publicly thank Neil for his assistance with my system. I found myself in a bind, and Neil, along with this forum, came through. As with most homes and their home automation endeavors, I have to constantly balance my personal thirst for technology, and my wife's desire for things; "Just to work". Fast forward to my latest project of installing and integrating the Video-Storm HDMI over IP solution. After getting the solution working I thought getting it integrated was going to be a lay up. However, after exhausting two integrators understanding of the V/s product, I asked the forum for help. In comes Neil, not only getting the solution integrated but also taking the time to fix other items the previous integrators broke during their respective attempts.

Whenever I put my thoughts in writing I try not to overstate or romanticize events or their results. But after dealing with; integrators who are either:
- Too busy to help.
- Short or condescending.
- Poor follow-up / follow through.

Neil has:
- Restored my confidence in my
selection of Control 4.
- Restored my confidence in C4s
dealer centric approach.
- And... above all else, makes me extremely proud to say when colleagues ask: what ecosystem I subscribe to; and I explain to them the Control 4 advantage.
1 Parts Technology!
2 Parts Dealer Support (a.k.a Neil)

Warmest Regards,
Corey Bell

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Let me just add to all the kudos that Neil has received as they are very well earned. I reached out to him to do some remote work and I couldn't be happier.  He is very quick to respond and has exceeded my expectations every time I work with him.

I can't recommend him enough.

• 2 months later...

This review has been long over due.

Let me first start by saying that Neil is a professional and stand up guy.  He shoots straight with none of the BS you might get from other installers.  That being said, here is my short story.

I had been looking for a remote integrator since we bought our house back in 2016.  I stumbled upon this site and Neil's contact information, so before even registering I emailed Neil.  This was around 8/17  His response was very quick and knew what was best for what I was looking to achieve.  After a couple days of email exchanges and phone calls, I pulled the trigger on my phase 1 DIY install.  The whole planning and going over everything only took a couple days.  He sent the invoice for the equipment, paid for, then I had them shipped to my office.  Problem was that when the equipment arrived, it was towards the end of 8/17. 

BAM!  We were hit by Hurricane Harvey and our house flooded with 2 feet of water.  Only a couple days after receiving my equipment in the mail.  My wife and I were devastated, as this fell on our 1 year anniversary of the closing on our newly built home.  During the whole ordeal, Neil kept in touch texting or emailing ever so often to see how we were doing.  Fast forward to almost a year later after getting most of the house put back together (8/18), I was finally ready again to start the phase 1 installation.  During the whole time Neil was so professional, polite, and by far the most patient person.  All of my control4 boxes just sat in the upstairs bedroom we had stored everything we could save from the flood, so I didn't even remember everything we had purchased.  (side note, do not let your wife go through your boxes alone.  she was cleaning up our "storage room" and ended up throwing away a couple brand new c4 thermostats, thinking they were old ones that had already been replaced :eek: )  

Over the course of a couple weekends, I installed all the equipment I could find and gave Neil a ring to to program everything.  He was very understanding of my demanding work schedule and that I was an hr ahead of his time, he still took a couple evenings to make sure everything worked properly.  We did hit a couple snags, with some sensors not communicating with the EA5, but he took care of that swiftly and had newer sensors sent my way to complete the install.

I am now getting ready to start phase 2, and look forward to working with Neil again.  

If you want a professional integrator that knows their stuff, Neil is your man!

Thank you for your patience Neil.  Look forward to doing more business with you in the near future.  

• 2 months later...

If anyone is looking for an integrator, I cannot speak highly enough of Neil Blasingame. My system has never worked the way it does now. After my installer took the big check when I first purchased my system, it was like pulling teeth to get them to answer the phone for changes, updates and troubleshooting. Also, they wanted to do everything in person. After the last issue, I tried to find another integrator in my area to no avail. Seems if there wasn't a big payday involved, no one would work on my system. That is until I got in touch with Neil. Neil assured me he could get everything working in a timely manner and would do everything remotely as we are about 800 miles apart! True to his word, everything is working perfectly! He is truly a class act and really knows C4. Highly recommended!

Joe  

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank Neil for his hard work upgrading my system and helping me move it over to a new wifi network. I would absolutely recommend him as he was extremely polite, efficient and reasonable in his pricing. He responded to all my questions and issues very promptly, even during late hours. I will certainly be using him going forward as it was a real pleasure.