C4 Forums | Control4

touch screen emulators

dburton

I have wanted this forEVER. So many times I am in a room and I want the media player to start playing, and then I have to go and find the remote just to turn on music... I don't care if it doesn't look pretty or anything, just give us some kind of emulater.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
There is some sort of software that you can download from Microsoft that lets you have Touchscreen emulation on your pc, can anybody post a download link or upload the file? =D

If you want tochscreen you have to buy touchscreen - http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?sku=A0434262&c=us&l=en&cs=19&brandid=139&page=productlisting.aspx

Here in Australia you can go directly to 3M and get them to overlay a touchscreen membrane over almost any LCD screen that you want. They will then provide you with a RS-232 or USB connection back to you computer that you can then use. It will then imitate a mouse.

Alternatively you could buy the membrane from Taiwan or China for $5 and figure out a way of fitting it to the panel of your choice - not easy!

Archived