C4 Forums | Control4

waiting for network

Hi all,

Client has "waiting for network" on SR250.

Another SR250 in his system works fine and his ipad and iphone control works fine.

Any ideas what he can do?

Tried to login remotely and refresh navigators but my internet connection is temporarily flaky while i move house.

Thx

Usually pulling out the batteries and then putting them back in is where I usually start. After that, you will need to be on-site or have a remote connection to the system and have the clients help.

Usually pulling out the batteries and then putting them back in is where I usually start. After that, you will need to be on-site or have a remote connection to the system and have the clients help.

Not exactly...

Have him press "room off" "#" "*" "13413". It should then leave the network. Then have him press the c4 button 4 times in the room it is assigned and it should re connect with the zigbee server and load its room. Assuming that it is zigbee pro. You might need to try it a few times but it should work. If not then you potentially have a bigger issue. You have other options as well but I am not sure what type of time frame you are working with.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem occasionally and the "room off #*13413" then '4' four times usually works. The only problem is, your dealer probably needs to set your network to 'allow join' before it will work properly!

The room that this used to happen in had a few brick Walls between it and the controller. I eventually solved the problem by putting an old HTC in there and using it as a ZAP over a homeplug network.

Same issue.

I've tried everything in this thread and the related threads on the forum for the 250 not finding the network. Do I just return it now, or are there additional options to try and get it to work?

Thanks

Depends on a few things. What version are you on? How far is it to the nearest zigbee access point? How many devices are nearby for it to talk to (like dimmers, thermostats, etc?)

I had a similar problem a couple months ago. I followed some advice here and nothing worked. Took it to the dealer; his primary tech was there and did basically the same things; still didn't work. Another dealer contacted me and offered to help (Thanks!) -- remoted in and tried some things but still no go.

I finally took it back to my dealer and the owner was there. He said they would call Control4 support. This was a Friday or Saturday. They called me the following Tuesday morning to say it was fixed.

I don't know what they did, but it seems pretty obvious that someone at Control4 knew what to do; they didn't replace it, it still has the same MAC and the dealer only had it one or two business days. If you have a way to contact Control4 support, I'd try that.

None of the magic button presses that people mention, not rebooting either it or the controller, nor the removing/adding to project had any effect.

I had a similar problem a couple months ago. I followed some advice here and nothing worked. Took it to the dealer; his primary tech was there and did basically the same things; still didn't work. Another dealer contacted me and offered to help (Thanks!) -- remoted in and tried some things but still no go.

I finally took it back to my dealer and the owner was there. He said they would call Control4 support. This was a Friday or Saturday. They called me the following Tuesday morning to say it was fixed.

I don't know what they did, but it seems pretty obvious that someone at Control4 knew what to do; they didn't replace it, it still has the same MAC and the dealer only had it one or two business days. If you have a way to contact Control4 support, I'd try that.

None of the magic button presses that people mention, not rebooting either it or the controller, nor the removing/adding to project had any effect.

They probably flashed it back to factory.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone Help?

I have a similar problem since a five day long blackout. My remotes lose connection to the server too. I have an hc300 and a media controller in my project. I notice the media controller is running the zigbee server using channel 16 and the hc300 is running director. Should I change the hc300 to run the zigbee server also?

I restored a back up and I am still experiencing issues.

On a separate issue since the power has been restored my timers do not seem to work properly. I have timers the reset when a motion detector senses motion or when a lite switches turned on. It seems as though the timers runs out but does not shut the lights. I assume this is related to the zigbee mesh.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Archived