C4 Forums | Control4

cant get wireless outlet dimmer to identify

I am in the process of adding a wireless outlet dimmer but cannot seem to verify the dimmer. There was no response to the tapping of the top button 4 times so I manually installed the IP in the identify dialog pop-up. The dimmer will not go online shows offline in the network tool and does not know the version either. the lights on the dimmer are solid green.

Thanks in advance, system is a hc-200 running version 2.1 and the dimmer is a LOZ-5D1-W

Is it embernet?

the wireless outlet dimmer says zigbee pro on the box

Is it used. Might have to leave the mesh first.

not used. brand new in the box from a C4 dealer. not sure what it means might have to leave the mesh first?

How near/far is the outlet switch from another zigbee pro device active in your project?

For purposes of identifying the outlet switch, you might want to plug in as close to an active dimmer/switch (not outlet switch) as possible and try again.

the electrical outlet im plugging it into is about 2 feet away from my H200 controller. i tried plugging it into another outlet about 15' away and same thing... i only have an SR250 remote and the controller of which both are working fine.

the fix was to have the wireless outlet dimmer connected to an extension cord and place the dimmer right next to the controller to identify and then plug it into the outlet i wanted to use.

• 7 years later...

I have the same situation, with a hc-300 in a project where the client refuses to update their equipment. The oulet dimmer lets me reset it, but when I press the button 4 times to identify it, it does not do anything. already try to place it with an extension cord next to the controller and nothing. neither does it let me leave the zeegbee network by pressing the button 13 times. help!!!

Archived