C4 Forums | Control4

Volume Control Improvement

MSI

The volume control for multi-room sessions is combersome and time consuming.

The Sonos system has a very nice user interface. They have horizontal slider bars all on one screen. The top bar is the master volume, controling all rooms (they call them zones). Under the master volume is a slider bar for each room. My 4 year was able to use the Sonos.

When using the control4 interface, I find it very difficult to set the volume for each room. It takes a long time to changing screens (locations) to set the indiviual volumes. I did write some code to make a master volume up/down button, but tweeking the individual locations just takes too long.

Can someone at Control4 take a look at the way the Sonos system controls the volume. It is very slick and simple.

I would think, it would only take a small program change to incorporate a similar volume control.

I would love to hear some feedback.

MSI

Are you aware you can have the default volume for a room set to a specific level when you turn on that room? That way you may not have to tweak volume as often. Of course the current room volume can be adjusted from the MTS with the dial too which im sure you knew

The default volumes are set. However, if a room is already playing music and you want to add other locations you need to go to each location to change the volume. Changing locations on my system is not instantaneous. On my mini LCD panels, there is a long delay when changing locations. It is cumbersome going back and forth and you end up missing the songs.

I would like to see a better interface that is more end user friendly.

Anyone could pick up our old sonos controller and use it without instruction. Controling music and sessions using control4 is not intuitive.

Check out this screen shot of the Sonos volume control.

The default volumes are set. However, if a room is already playing music and you want to add other locations you need to go to each location to change the volume. Changing locations on my system is not instantaneous. On my mini LCD panels, there is a long delay when changing locations. It is cumbersome going back and forth and you end up missing the songs.

I would like to see a better interface that is more end user friendly.

Anyone could pick up our old sonos controller and use it without instruction. Controling music and sessions using control4 is not intuitive.

Check out this screen shot of the Sonos volume control.

I will confess im not an expert at programming the system. I can think of two options, however. You can setup custom buttons on the GUI through programming. One could be a multi room button or whatever you prefer to call it - it could turn on certain rooms at certain volumes. It would limit the number of GUI button presses. The other, which i dont use, is to link rooms and their volume levels.

Archived