C4 Forums | Control4

Condo Remodel

c44me

I have a condo that we are remodeling. its basically the bachelor pad at the beach kinda thing, and as such I am contemplating adding to the C4 (1.7.x) stuff, and putting some in or on wall speakers in. current setup has NHT floor standing in theater/living room with 100" stewart firehawk and optoma PJ running off a denon 38xx.

master bedroom has samsung 50" with no speakers (yet)

a) does anyone have good recommendations for in or on wall speakers that work well in condo environments? (read NO noise/sound transference etc.) otherwise will fabricate boxes for these I guess?

B) if there is interest I can post some before and after...

thanks!

I have a condo that we are remodeling. its basically the bachelor pad at the beach kinda thing, and as such I am contemplating adding to the C4 (1.7.x) stuff, and putting some in or on wall speakers in. current setup has NHT floor standing in theater/living room with 100" stewart firehawk and optoma PJ running off a denon 38xx.

a) does anyone have good recommendations for in or on wall speakers that work well in condo environments? (read NO noise/sound transference etc.) otherwise will fabricate boxes for these I guess?

thanks!

Look at Triad Spekaers, these are widely regarded as the best in-wall in in-ceiling speakers on the market. They are fully engineered as completely sealed enclosures to perform the same as their in-room speakers. If you let us know more about the size of the room, what their use is, depth of wall, etc, we can better point you in the right direction.

I have a condo that we are remodeling. its basically the bachelor pad at the beach kinda thing' date=' and as such I am contemplating adding to the C4 (1.7.x) stuff, and putting some in or on wall speakers in. current setup has NHT floor standing in theater/living room with 100" stewart firehawk and optoma PJ running off a denon 38xx.

thanks![/quote']

Look at Triad Spekaers, these are widely regarded as the best in-wall in in-ceiling speakers on the market. They are fully engineered as completely sealed enclosures to perform the same as their in-room speakers. If you let us know more about the size of the room, what their use is, depth of wall, etc, we can better point you in the right direction.

thanks here are the rooms. living room is about 16ft back from screen wall, and you can see upper right PJ that will go back into a sofit in the wall behind the couch.

I like the sound of klipsch speakers.

thanks never been a big klipsch fan. I've always liked my NHT's and if were to replace would go with Martin Logan's I think or MK.

these Triad's look amazing for in or on wall however so for bedroom this might be the deal. which ones in particular should I look at?

thanks!

c44me, meet Club411!

thanks never been a big klipsch fan. I've always liked my NHT's and if were to replace would go with Martin Logan's I think or MK.

these Triad's look amazing for in or on wall however so for bedroom this might be the deal. which ones in particular should I look at?

Probably the mini monitors for the bedroom. If you are interested I can sell you a pair of Martin Logan Vignette speakers for a steal of a deal.

http://www.martinlogan.com/products/vignette

For your living room acoustically you have issues due to the way the walls are and the flooring, but I would think the mini-monitors would work well here as well.

Probably the mini monitors for the bedroom. If you are interested I can sell you a pair of Martin Logan Vignette speakers for a steal of a deal.

http://www.martinlogan.com/products/vignette

For your living room acoustically you have issues due to the way the walls are and the flooring' date=' but I would think the mini-monitors would work well here as well.[/quote']

Thanks what's a steal? email me. They are electrostats right? am in LA and I think you are Vancouver right? shipping is $$ ? I also noticed they are discontinued? looks like these would be perfect for the bedroom...

I'm pretty happy with the living room NHT setup and have the in-wall 1.5's to match the backs. I may just keep what I've got and add those for 7.1 but I guess would have to build boxes for them or something :(

I have a condo that we are remodeling. its basically the bachelor pad at the beach kinda thing' date=' and as such I am contemplating adding to the C4 (1.7.x) stuff, and putting some in or on wall speakers in. current setup has NHT floor standing in theater/living room with 100" stewart firehawk and optoma PJ running off a denon 38xx.

thanks![/quote']

c44me, meet Club411!

oh please not even in the same league ;) just wait till you see the finished product gonna be off the chain.

Is the ceiling in the living room drywall? In or On Wall speakers are not really an option unless your screen is an AT (Acoustically Transparent) screen. If you can get into the ceiling do the in-ceiling Silver LCR's the other option is to get an AT screen if your's is not and mount in-wall Silver LCR's behind the screen which is honestly going to give you the best sound.

The bedroom could use Bronze or Silver LCR's...

Do you need to do in-wall sub's as well or do you have subs taken care of?

Is the ceiling in the living room drywall? In or On Wall speakers are not really an option unless your screen is an AT (Acoustically Transparent) screen. If you can get into the ceiling do the in-ceiling Silver LCR's the other option is to get an AT screen if your's is not and mount in-wall Silver LCR's behind the screen which is honestly going to give you the best sound.

The bedroom could use Bronze or Silver LCR's...

Do you need to do in-wall sub's as well or do you have subs taken care of?

I think I may have mis-communicated this a bit. the living room / theater is staying AS-IS up front with the NHT 2.5's and center channel. I don't need a transparent anything. The only real issue is the right speaker is right next to the fireplace. A bit frustrating but not the end of the world.

what is changing / added is the rear surrounds (currently NHT 1.5's). I have a pair of the 1.5 in-wall's and may use those, or something else not sure. the 1.5's would be placed directly over the couch/seating to give a full 7.1 (currently is just 5.1).

The bedroom is where nothing exists yet except the wall-mounted Samsung LCD. This is where the Triad or Martin Logan Vignette stuff makes a lot of sense.

c44me,

I sent the messages regarding the speakers again. This time directly to your e-mail. Please verify that you have the correct e-mail registered with the c4forums or check your junk box.

Though not a perfect solution by any means to solve the living room speaker by the fireplace issue, you could consider moving up the screen a bit and then move the speakers over.

• 1 month later...

Can't personally confirm they'll work with C4, but if you want "award winning" recessed LEDs try:

http://www.element-lighting.com/Lightfair.aspx available from http://www.ylighting.com/

or for more $$, there are these trimless recessed with an RGB LED housing accent and MR16 halogen centers:

http://www.purelighting.com/products/ available from http://www.lightology.com/pure-lighting.cfm

Archived