C4 Forums | Control4

Door Unlocked Push Notification Tutorial

I recently got the PushNotify driver from ExtraVegetables and wanted to change my system to send me push notifications instead of text messages when any of my exterior doors are unlocked. I was simply tired of the bad formatting when sending a text message to myself from the 4Sight e-mail agent. In case anyone else is interested in doing this here is what I did.

Create new String Variable (i named mine doorusertxt) as the PushNotifiy driver is unable to use the username variable that is already established.

Program the new variable to change whenever a user changes (do this on all the locks you want associated to this variable)

yFUFL.png

xHRtx.png

Now program to send the push notiication whenver the door is opened (do this for each lock you want to be notified about):

jUBri.png

C8a9D.png

The result is a nice and clean push notification:

O2cra.png

Create new String Variable (i named mine doorusertxt) as the PushNotifiy driver is unable to use the username variable that is already established.

I was able to use the variable just fine in my setup (See Article) it was hard to find amongst all the others and it sort of gets concatenated when displayed though.

*Edit* I'm thinking you have a Yale lock cause of the username thing.

I just went back and was able to find it. I guess my only complaint on this driver would be the difficulty of finding variables to use in the notifications it sends out.

I think that's the push driver, but not much you can do about that when it's just formatting. What I've done is select what I think is the right variable and then use up/down arrows and it will cycle through them and you can see them.

Yeah - the reason I missed it the first time is it doesn't sort all the variables by location. I had gone through a bunch of variables in my garage and never found the user variable for the lock. When I went back through the list I was able to find it by scrolling down one at a time. You are right that scrolling up/down is about the only way to find anything.

Archived