C4 Forums | Control4

CYTEXONE to provide a C4 driver for Just Add Power's HDMI over IP

Nded

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting the guys from CYTEXONE, including Andrew and Daniel. They have spent a lot of time in our booth at CEDIA. After watching the demonstartion of our HDMI over IP solution, they told me I should tell any C4 dealers I meet that CYTEXONE will be provding a C4 driver for our HDMI over IP solution. I would also like to publicly thank them for sending so many C4 dealers to booth 5312 at CEDIA. It has really been fun getting to meet everyone so far.

Speaking of meeting C4 Dealers, the "codeman" has also reviewed our HDMI over IP solution and has made a short video of me demonstrating the system at CEDIA. I'm sure he'll post a link to the video when it is available. For those of you who are at CEDIA, and haven't made it by our booth yet, please be sure to introduce yourself as a C4 dealer so we can tell you all about the things we are planning to support your efforts. When you get to the booth, you'll also get to see our 5x9 HDMI over IP matrix demonstration.

Ed

Just Add Power

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very cool product.

....one observation though: It appears that the IR path is reversed from what we want for a C4 system i.e. the IR flasher should be at the TV end

Yeah, you aren't the first one to tell us we did the IR backwards. Where were you guys when we were brainstorming this solution? ;) I do understand the importance of this and hope to provide control in the other direction soon. As I pointed out often in the booth - these are the "A" releases, and there are a whole lot more letters in the alphabet. We also have a rackmount option coming quickly.

Is this shipping yet?

Yes, we are shipping. You can get it from www.tecnec.com distribution, or purchase directly from www.justaddpower.com. The process is quite simple. You first create a Just Add Power account (click on REGISTER on the lower left corner of our home page). Then email us (sales @ justaddpower dot com) with the name of your account, along with evidence that you are a reseller. If your email comes from a URL that is obviously in the business, no other evidence is required. After we have confirmed that you are a dealer, we will convert your account to DEALER pricing and you can order online. You can purchase with PayPal or pay directly with a credit card.

One other thing, if you have the skills to write your own RS232 control commands, then you can pretty much use any decent managed switch. Otherwise, you might want to wait a couple weeks for the CytexOne driver or the BlackWire Designs driver to be released. That way you can pick a switch that will work with their C4 driver.

I posted a link to your YouTube video in the comments section of that article about 1 hour ago!

I'm really getting a laugh out of the guy that thinks it's going to be too much of an inconvenience for a customer to know what port they have plugged their devices into. Hmmm, perhaps that customer should hire a professional home automation installer to get the job done. But seriously, how often do you go back to your Ethernet switch and change the cables around?

Never.... :)

They say on the site though it only supports 5.1, but I thought I had talked with you guys about whether you were limiting the HDMI in any way (1.2 instead of 1.3, no DTS-HDMA only Dolby Digital..) and the reply was no, and that you even supported deep color even though no sources are available for it. Of course, I have had a few drinks since that video was made...

This is an incredible solution to video distribution. I have been waiting for a solid IP distribution answer and this seems to be the ticket.

What are the chances of trying for a group buy on something like this? If we get enough people in the forum interested, maybe we could help work the bugs out of the product and provide some free promotion.

Archived