C4 Forums | Control4

Security Control Panels & Control 4

derickson1472

I have a Brinks security system, and the panel I have does not integrate with Control4. My understanding is Control4 only has drivers for:

GE Interlogix - Models - Advent, Concord, NX-8E

DSC - Models - Maxsys, Power832

ELK - Model - m1 m1 gold

HAI - Models - OMNI, OMNI II, OMNI LT, OMNI Pro, OMNI Pro II

Honeywell - Models - Ademco Vista - 250 FBP, Appex Desnx 6100

Brinks is not helpfull and so far won't let me swap out my current control panel with one above.

Are there any work arounds to make a control panel not listed above work with the conrol4 for security? Or has anyone ever swapted out a security control panel themselves, and still had it work with the security company and Control4 (without the security company knowing)?

Thanks

You can't swap out a panel without your security company knowing.

You would need to know the dialer codes and setup for their central station reporting (what kind of reporting they're using, what the # is that it dials, what the Dealer and Customer #'s are, etc.

There's no way to get that information out of your current panel without the dealer install code, which they obviously don't give out to any end users.

You could certainly dual-purpose some of the sensors, but I'm guessing Brinks won't want you to do that either, since it could in theory affect how they work with their panel.

Writing a driver for the panel is also not really an option. Panels that Brinks installs are not going to even have a serial module available, and if they did, you'd need the Control4 SDK to write a two-way serial driver.

RyanE

• 5 years later...

I have an HAI Omni Pro 2 area system with 48 control zones total. My local installer indicates it does not and cannot interface into my large C4 system and therefore is a stand alone system wherein I have to "dial" into it for control. The C4 controls all audio, video, outdoor lansdscape lighting, etc. but not the HAI.

Is there any system that will interface into my C4 that will allow me to control my home security?

? There's been an OmniPro II driver for years - straight from

HOWEVER the driver requires some doing.

For starters you need the Pro or Omni-Link module.

You need to have a "dummy" user code for control4 (requiring a master user code that I'm aware not every security installer gives to clients) plus the associated user number (not the code the user#).

The panel also needs to be set to a certain baud rate (the default actually, but it could possibly have been changed).

Number of zones usable by driver are less than what the OPII can handle, but well beyond the number you mentioned...

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Brinks security system, and the panel I have does not integrate with Control4. My understanding is Control4 only has drivers for:

GE Interlogix - Models - Advent, Concord, NX-8E

DSC - Models - Maxsys, Power832

ELK - Model - m1 m1 gold

HAI - Models - OMNI, OMNI II, OMNI LT, OMNI Pro, OMNI Pro II

Honeywell - Models - Ademco Vista - 250 FBP, Appex Desnx 6100

Brinks is not helpfull and so far won't let me swap out my current control panel with one above.

Are there any work arounds to make a control panel not listed above work with the conrol4 for security? Or has anyone ever swapped out a security control panel themselves, and still had it work with the security company and Control4 (without the security company knowing)?

Thanks

I lucked out when I swapped out my panel, the installer left the default codes they used when installing the Control4 unsupported GE Simon system. I had called the security system monitors and asked them what panels they supported, wrote out the configuration of the old panel and programmed the new panel with the same setting.

Byron

Archived