C4 Forums | Control4

Volume

So while playing around with some programming ideas, that I've since deleted, one of my AVR's now turns on at a really high volume level. I've checked the AVR and its set to the appropriate level and for the life of me I can't track down where or why my Director is out of the blue turning up the AVR's volume.

Yeah, I had checked this but nothing is set. I may set this to a lower volume to see what happens, but I don't think that's the answer.

I had been playing with media scenes, creating them, but didn't like it a deleted it. I had set the volume on that scene, is it possible this whole not visible within composer is still within my project somehow?

So strange that it worked fine in the morning and then was broken in the afternoon.

is there a default volume on your avr?

there are a few where you can set a startup volume for a source selected.

if your avr sets it to 70% and C4 used to set it back to 50% and now you don't use the default volume on C4 it starts at 70%

Another good thought however... I've got the default volume set on the AVR at -35, when C4 starts up the AVR it's obvious from watching the display that something is sending it a command to change the

Volume to 0. Volume is obviously on a relative

I'm not home right now but I need to check on volume control, I'm 99% positive that the AVR is controlling volume and not my matrix which is at this point the only other thing I can think of. Can a default volume be set in the switch?

Archived