C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 with Hunter Platinum (IR and RF)

jesh

Hi all,

We just had about 9 windows installed with Hunter Platinum motorized sillouhettes.

These are controlled in two ways (this is important as you'll read in a minute): one way is 'point and click'. You point the remote at the blind, and you control it through IR.

The second way is RF, BUT RF works in 'groups'. You program which blinds you want to be in a group by pointing the remote at the blind which is to be programmed into the group and pushing the appropriate button, (eg, windows 1-4 in group 1). You can only control the blinds in RF by 'groups': you can NOT control an individual blind.

The problem is, we are installing curtains, which will be blocking the IR receivers... of course we can find easy ways around this by moving a receiving up, but visually this is ugly.

The question is...can anyone come up with a completely wireless idea of controling these blinds through Control4?

Any ideas?

Greg

There is a wall switch from Hunter Douglas that can control the wireless shades. From the description of the switch(see link below) it sounds like the switch sends out the wireless signal to control the blinds.

http://www.hunterdouglas.com/product_options_template.jsp?id=166

I am not sure how this switch is wired, but it may be possible to hack the switch to allow control by C4. You may also try contacting the manufacturer to see what other options they have for remote and automated control of their product.

Another option would be to hack the remote control and attach the buttons to relays on the C4. I know you specified a wireless control method but you could also use Xantech IR emitters and a control block and hard wire the control block back the the C4 controller.

Alan

Could work Alan. Was thinking also about something that emits RF, so I can atleast tie the groups in to C4... what about Inhome's relays, anybody have any idea? The remote only has 'up' and 'down', and when the blind is fully down, 'down' button acts as tilt...

Anyone?

Greg

Archived