C4 Forums | Control4

Dish Network Hopper / Joey Review / Thoughts?

pstuart

Ryan, thanks, So Dish is coming in an hour or so to install and I'm still unsure how I want to go about setting this up with my Just Add Power.

The dish guy said that if I don't use the Joeys then I can only watch one tuner at a time so I couldn't watch one thing in one room and another show in another room.

If I put all the joeys in my rack instead of behind the tv's and then distribute them out via hdm with just add power since the joeys aren't tuners how exactly would I set them up in Control4?

I have a Hopper and two Joeys coming so would I set up 3 different satellites in Control4 using the 722 driver?

I guess my question is how do I control the Joeys if they are in the av closet? Do I run IR buds to each of them? or is the everything being controlled through the hopper?

So if you have JAP, then just put the Hopper and Joeys in the rack, set up IR buds to them and separate Dish 722 drivers for each. Assign HDMI out to JAP and assign them to the appropriate rooms.

Will work just fine. Just have to either dedicate a Hopper / Joey to a room, or deal with users who want to use one or the other.

The joey's are just tuner less receivers / clients to the Hopper, eassentially allowing you to control the hopper and a tuner or share the output.

• 5 months later...

Anyone else made the conversion? I personally am irritated at charter my bill just jumped from $130 per month to 211 as a result of their new "pricing" system. I have 4 DVR's each of which are hooked too a two balan system as such each powers two TV's (shared). Looks like a pretty simple conversion. Let me know any additional tips and tricks.

Archived