C4 Forums | Control4

Q/about the new Autonomic Control's MMS.5A and .5AV (edit Sept26)

wappinghigh

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Bump>>

Nobody knows?

It was supposed to win the Best product of the Year....

Hoe does something win that with zero knowledge of what it can really do? :)

It's not been released yet, so no-one's actually played with it beyond the show floor at CEDIA.

^ Bump>>

Nobody knows?

It was supposed to win the Best product of the Year....

Hoe does something win that with zero knowledge of what it can really do? :)

It's not been released yet' date=' so no-one's actually played with it beyond the show floor at CEDIA.[/quote']

We are a Autonomic Dealer and the MMS-5A available for purchase. The MSRP is $4,250.00

No player is going to be the holy grail

No. Sure. But they could come alot closer than this.

No ISO or MKV rules out half decent quality digital backups..

Now we don't know the final format list of this new device, but I'm suspicious of marketing BS

If it had these, surely they'd be shouting it from the rooftops...

Look, this continual content format war is getting tiresome, boring and quite frankly anti-competitive.

Still, I suppose with iTunes and UV we are going to have a large junk of options covered:

Disc-> digital and a pretty darn good download option...

That is for those in the US anyway...

Maybe I can ship all 400 or so Dvd's and blurays over...

What's the quality of the UV digital copy anyway, and can you store them where you like..say on your personal NAS?

^

Bump..

So this won Best New Product of CEDIA 2012..

And nobody who went cared to find out why? Or what it is capable of?..Nobody asked any questions at the conference? Nobody went around the back of the thing, or played with the firmware on the floor..? Nobody grilled the rep spruiking the product..? No one asked to see the spec's sheet?...

What?.. you guy's were all asleep or stoned at the event or something :P

I find this absolutely astonishing..

Why do you keep bumping this stupid thread? No one has answered, no one has seen it, and even though I went by their booth multiple times, talked to them a bit, and helped them setup the Control4 integration in their booth, I only remember seeing the *audio* version of the system.

I personally think they may need to work on their messaging at tradeshows, since I don't remember seeing anything all that impressive.

It could be the "bees knees", but it doesn't sound like anyone on here knows, so it's pointless to keep bumping the thread.

RyanE

^

Some of us do *work* the trade show' date=' you know ;)[/quote']

WORK and TRADE SHOW do not go hand in hand, unlike meals and drinks on the company.

^

Some of us do *work* the trade show' date=' you know ;)[/quote']

WORK and TRADE SHOW do not go hand in hand, unlike meals and drinks on the company.

Explain that to my feet after standing for about 10 hours a day repeating myself :P

Why do you keep bumping this stupid thread? No one has answered, no one has seen it, and even though I went by their booth multiple times, talked to them a bit, and helped them setup the Control4 integration in their booth, I only remember seeing the *audio* version of the system.

I personally think they may need to work on their messaging at tradeshows, since I don't remember seeing anything all that impressive.

It could be the "bees knees", but it doesn't sound like anyone on here knows, so it's pointless to keep bumping the thread.

RyanE

Look man. What have you got against me?

Why is this a "Stupid thread?"

These are legitimate questions.

It won the darn prize for goodness sake..

Answers to these questions just might help other users make an informed decision. Like waiting for it's release instead of buying just the audio version now, then being disappointed.. Or worse buying something like Sonos only to realise it won't handle Hi Rez...

In any case, how come some piece of gear win's the prize at your trade show and you guy's know nothing about why or how it works?

It looks a superb piece of gear. And the added Video side (for once actually) seems to me to be *really* killer. Not some mickey mouse add on..

It just might be a real solution to a massive problem in you industry (lack of an all round player that handle's most content).

Knowledge like this might help you sell more Control4 gear.

Stuff this forum sometimes//

Sorry for asking

My point is that:

1) If no one has answered your question for nearly 2 months, chances are that *NO ONE KNOWS*.

2) If you want to find out what it does and extol it's virtues, go ahead. Tell us what it does if you find out on your own and think it's great, but bitching about how no one else on the forum is doing your homework isn't going to get you any answers.

3) Repeatedly bumping a thread that is getting no new content is not terribly productive, and personally, it irks me, since I could be doing more useful things with my time than reading *THE SAME THREAD WITH NO NEW INFO*.

Have a great day.

RyanE

I didn't make those you tube clips announcing this product to the public and the world.

I didn't award it the Winner of best product without explaining *why* it is the best product.

I can't go the CEDIA to find out about these things (The public is not welcome and isn't allowed an entry)

So I rely on good people like yourself to find these things out and keep me informed

Asking questions on this forum *is* my homework

I don't like spending 4K only to find out there is a better more appropriate device to be released just around the corner

In any case I am unable to return product if I make the wrong technical decision

So i start and follow up threads like this :)

I didn't make those you tube clips announcing this product to the public and the world.

Nor did I. Nor did Control4.

I didn't award it the Winner of best product without explaining *why* it is the best product.

Again, Neither did I.

Asking questions on this forum *is* my homework ... So i start and follow up threads like this :)

Which is all well and good, but when no one answers, because they don't *know* the answer... well, that's your answer.

RyanE

I know you on occasion provide some assistance, mostly to folks who are just passing bye, but you also tend to act like forum king. You need a little education in PR, because even though your role here is supposedly unofficial you've announced your a C4 employee which makes your position official. Your going to end up with people writing complaints on your attitude to your bosses who may question your "unofficial" involvement in the middle of a work day.

Thanks for the veiled threat!

:)

Yes, I'm a grumpy old man. Sorry for that.

RyanE

P.S. BTW, It's actually 7:30 in the morning where I'm currently at, so it's not exactly the middle of the work day, and it was a bit earlier when I posted my reply.

cashmoney,

do you think that someone will tell MOM?

now that's scary.

yawn... So who do you work for or what company do you own, care to become the public face? This is where most savy business professionals would back away and exit the conversation, better to say nothing.

What's scary is that an intelligent person would think that being "grumpy" when like it or not, official or unofficial, your a public face of a company.

If you work for a company and put yourself out there as a representative you better damn well be prepared to be nice as pie at all times and if your in a bad mood learn to keep your mouth shut. This is why companies hire people to handle PR, to deal with the public, to interact of forums and social media sites. It's why many companies explicitly keep employees from posting as an employee of the company.

People don't care about the good you do they only see the last bad thing. Someone who comes here to research C4 reads a post with the perceived tone/attitude given by Ryan and it has them second guessing their potential purchase, it makes them investigate other options. One client does not make a business but every purchase is important and counts.

So I take this to mean you are gonna tell MOM?

And CASHMONEY,

So who do you work for or what company do you own, care to become the public face? This is where most savy business professionals would back away and exit the conversation, better to say nothing.

Precious, just freaking Precious

Archived