C4 Forums | Control4

WTB: Battery for 7" Wifi Touchscreen

jbat

Haha, just got this one s/h and I'd say the battery life is no good! I'll keep you posted on how a new battery stands up, if I find one.

Stupid question, can a dealer not order you one?

I bought a couple from a dealer a year ago. Damn expensive but, are they not still available from dealer for purchase today?

I do have a brand new one sitting as spare.

Find your local Batteries + and they can rebuild your existing battery for 1/2 the price of new

I find these bateries expires by expanding, literally balloon up that it pops the cover off. Both of my dead batteries happened that way I'm not sure if you can rebuild it from there but if I do get one that is just dead that keeps the same size I'll certainly try to get it rebuilt. Thanks Wingzz

Haha, just got this one s/h and I'd say the battery life is no good! I'll keep you posted on how a new battery stands up, if I find one.

What do you mean by "no good"? When I was running 1G ports, best runtime I ever saw was like one movie, what, two hours or something...

They sucked the life out of a battery. 2G seems better at managing battery power but that's YTBD.

Archived