C4 Forums | Control4

Slingbox

Ringold

Hi, This is not necessarily C4 related, but thought I would ask if anyone could help me, or if anyone has had success with this scenario.

I have a slingbox connected to my video matrix which works great to control all my video sources while away from home via a computer.

However, I am trying to sling my media from my house to a WD TV hub, or a Boxee box using the included slingbox app to a tv at my beach place. The app on either device just locks up when I try to use it.

I can stream hd easily using my computer via the same receiving router at my beach place.

I have average 5 MBPS upload at my home and average 24 MBPS dowload at my beach place.

When I stream slingbox on my computer at my second home, the average stream speed is 3MBPS. There is almost never even a hiccup in streaming on my computer.

But, the WD hub and the Boxee hooked to the same router and internet as my computer do not seem to function properly using the slingbox app on those devices.

Anybody had this issue or know of a resolution????

(Slingbox support and WD as well as boxee have been unable to solve.)

Thanks in advance

It goes to the lowest resolution on the wd or the boxee (although on the pc, it streams hd fine.)

There is no VPN at the beach location. My laptop at the beach location streams hd fine.

Just wondering if ANYONE has been able to successfully use these devices.

I am starting to think the slingbox app on these 2 devices is not ready for prime time.

• 1 month later...
Anybody had this issue or know of a resolution????

(Slingbox support and WD as well as boxee have been unable to solve.)

Thanks in advance

If you still are having problems with this, try posting your question on www.placeshiftingenthusiasts.com. I have 3 slingboxes and 5 slingcatchers and have found the resources on this site to be invaluable in helping me work through slingbox issues.

Archived