C4 Forums | Control4

Light programming question

Gadgetguy

Please help

I have an outlet dimmer set to dim a light from 90% to 30% at 11PM

This was programmed by the dealer I no longer use.

On some nights the light is turned off before 11PM and I want to change the programming so the light will not turn on and dim at 11PM if this is the case but I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

There are currently two lines programmed

If living room lamp is 90% (Also tried if living room lamp is on)

Dim living room lamp to 30%

I have also tried to duplicate this using some other programming I have seen on this site but it did not work either

I am using composer HE to do the programming but what am I doing wrong? This seems to be the logical and simplest way to do this, so I must be missing something simple.

Thanks for any help

You want it to dim down to 30% if it's *above* 30%, right?

Your programming should be:

If living room lamp > 30%

Dim living room lamp to 30%

It's important that the second line be indented below the first line.

To do that, you drag it to the Question Mark symbol on the first line.

RyanE

Please help

On some nights the light is turned off before 11PM and I want to change the programming so the light will not turn on and dim at 11PM if this is the case but I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for any help

So this is your question, right? If so, then check for Living Room Light ON condition. If OFF then STOP. Simple as that. Put those commands in ahead of what you got and follow Ryan's programming message.

Somehow I thought he was dimming another light when the LR light was set to 90. No glasses=bad vision.

The original first line is duff- checking at a particular setpoint (90 in this case) is not good programming as those above mentioned.

Archived