C4 Forums | Control4

HC-1000 Replace Motherboard

alcatoe

Anyone know if you can replace the motherboard with the exact model? It appears that mine had a capacitor go bad and is preventing it from working correctly.

Intel D201GLY Desktop Motherboard - SiS Chipset - Socket PGA-479 - 1 x Processor Support - 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM Maximum RAM - Ultra ATA/133 (ATA-7) - Onboard Video - BOXD201GLYL

http://legendmicro.store.buy.com/p/intel-d201gly-desktop-motherboard-sis-chipset-socket-pga-479-1-x/204887385.html

Thx!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The reason most capacitors go bad is due to overheating from surrounding areas over an extended period of time. How is the HC-1000 placed, does it have adequate ventilation, are of the fans working correctly.

You don't wont to keep replacing capacitors due to external circumstances (even if they are only $0.50), you also want to make sure the other equipment you have in the same area isn't slowly going to end up with the same issues

• 8 months later...

My HC1000 started a power on/off cycle, so I lifted the hood and sure enough, the power supply was kaput. Rigged a spare computer power unit to it and now it runs flawlessly.

Ordered a new power supply to match the one that went bad, should have it by early next week.

So instead of dropping a grand on a new HC800, I'm satisfied to have saved this unit for $50.

^Glad you are satisfied with that 1k. I remember back in 1979 trying to make a anemic 4 cyl. car act like a late 60s muscle car. Nitrous oxide was my friend, or so I thought... Better to have just started with something refined but know I know.

Clearly, you missed the point. I wasn't trying to turn my 1K into the latest model 800. I'm perfectly satisfied with what my 1K is doing for my system. I just wanted to fix what was broken and get it running again. It's back, I'm happy and I saved $1,000. When the 1K becomes untenable, then I'll consider the latest and greatest.

Archived