C4 Forums | Control4

HC1000 Shipping

read99

• 4 weeks later...
I know, I already ordered one. They don't have an idea when it's going to ship. They thought it was this week and they're heard nothing. Are there issues? Why the delay? Added more functionality?

Thx

I just received an e-mail from Control 4 that the HC-1000 shipped today.

• 2 weeks later...

HC-1000 is installed and superior to the MTC it replaced. It's 10 to 15x faster.

Once I finally got the right composer software I was able to scan and load. The HC-1000 scan took 28 hours where it had taken 46 on the MTC.

Searches, loads, playback, scripts...all significantly faster.

Great product. Finally have a C4 system that rocks!

HC-1000 is "NOT" the replacement for the MC. It is a new product in a new catagory. The MC is being replaced with a new product - look for an announcement from C4 soon (I'd guess at CES). FYI.

Glad to hear, however, that you love the new unit! :)

Should I replace my MC with this? This is my setup:

Roughly 100 dimmers/switches

1 MC, 1 HTC, 9 audio zones

Ademco Alarm system connected to the system

4 Cameras

9 Touch screens

NAS

DVD Changer

Keydigital's Keymatrix

and other stuff (Inhomes Garage door, etc)

Is your system slow? Sluggish? Then yes... but from what you're showing above - I'd guess you'd be wasting your money... IMHO. Spend it on more HC-300's instead (putting 1 HC-300 on each TV) instead. :)

Jesh,

How much music do you have? I have 50,000 songs. My system is VERY similar to yours and it's a lot faster. Techincally I didn't get rid of the MC, but the HC-1000 replaced the MC in that the HC is now the main controller and the MC is a slave for all the commands. All of my content and scripts live and function off of the HC. I still have the MC but it's in dummy mode.

Switching between rooms and music is MUCH faster.

I have roughly 75,000 songs and it seems slow.

Also, I dont use HTC's, never found a need for them?

Jesh,

How much music do you have? I have 50,000 songs. My system is VERY similar to yours and it's a lot faster. Techincally I didn't get rid of the MC, but the HC-1000 replaced the MC in that the HC is now the main controller and the MC is a slave for all the commands. All of my content and scripts live and function off of the HC. I still have the MC but it's in dummy mode.

Switching between rooms and music is MUCH faster.

Jesh,

You would see a massive improvement in performance. Especially with searching for music. I'd wait 1 month to see what the new MC looks like but after that I'd pull the trigger on either the HC-1000 or new MC. The MC is soooooooooo slow.

Archived