C4 Forums | Control4

Coloured buttons

smarch

Just wondering if and how this is possible.

I'd like one of the coloured buttons on the SR250 to act like a dimmer. For example press and hold and a light dims brighter or dimmer. Press once and turn on or off.

Possible?

Thanks

Yeah, it's possible...I do something similar.

If you want one button ramp both up and/or down, it gets more involved with regard to programming. You can still do it, but it's less than ideal. You end up having to program logic in for whether to "dim" the light up or down based on it's current status.]

Short answer: yes, it's possible.

Bit more info would help to start - especially if you want to control 1 light or a bunch of lights.

That said the answer is no. colour buttons do not allow hold (start/stop) event triggering.

So as you state (hold to ramp, press to toggle) won't go.

A start/stop ramping is possible to program but the likely delay in press and execution would likely not make this very functional.

Should you want to try;

create boolean Variable [light trigger]

on button press, toggle [light trigger]

when [light trigger] changes -> IF [light trigger] is true -->press (light of choice) toggle button

when [light trigger] changes -> IF [light trigger] is false -->release (light of choice) toggle button

You'll likely want the hold ramprate on dimmers set to a fairly high value (10 to 20 seconds) by a dealer (requires composer pro afaik) to have greater "control".

Yeah, it's possible...I do something similar.

If you want one button ramp both up and/or down, it gets more involved with regard to programming. You can still do it, but it's less than ideal. You end up having to program logic in for whether to "dim" the light up or down based on it's current status.]

Short answer: yes, it's possible.

I'd like to see how you do a press to toggle and hold to ramp on a color button.... both the hold option and doing both on one button.

If I'm not mistaken when going through the menu on the SR 250 to the light you want to control, then hitting the select button does this.

Sorry for my confusion, but this is what I'd like, but using a coloured button assigned to one light instead of the menu/select.

Possible? programming example?

Thanks!

Don't think select does the hold to ramp, but i've never tried. I use the nr buttons to got to 10-20-30 etc once light is highlighted.

Unless I hear diffferently I don't see that you can. These buttons do not allow for press/release or hold programming.

They also do not allow binding (unlike for instance keypad buttons).

Nearest thing I can think of I posted above.

Archived