C4 Forums | Control4

Yale Real Living Zigbee vs Zwave

troyfrezze

I"m looking to buy a yale lock soon and add it to my system, but i'm not seeing the ZB locks anywhere. All I can find are ZW locks for sale. I see elsewhere on the forum someone asked if C4 would work with the Zwave and they said it should.

Anyone know what's the status?

ZWave devices are only supported if you purchase a 3rd-party ZWave bridge, and a (for sale) driver.

i.e. ExtraVegetables sells a ZWave driver that works with the Mi Casa Verde gateway.

I don't know the cost of the driver, but the gateway is fairly inexpensive.

As far as getting a ZigBee Yale lock, a Control4 dealer may be your only option.

Good luck with your project.

RyanE

That's a good point, didn't think about that.

I would *not* recommend using the ZWave locks with Control4, for that reason.

The Yale (and hopefully soon) the Kwikset apps are *very* useful for setting codes, etc. I never set codes with ComposerPro anymore.

RyanE

• 3 weeks later...

What's the current status of the Kwikset Deadbolt locks? I know the Yale app is very robust but the Yale locks are also 2x the cost of the Kwikset. I'm looking to get some locks and was able to get 1 Yale at a good price used however the other 1-3 deadbolts I'd rather spend less because they are in locations that aren't going to need a lot of changes / programming.

I'll keep an eye out for more Yale but they probably aren't too commonly sold. So Kwikset is probably what I'll go for. Replacing my old Kwikset biometrics locks as one of them is broken, the electrical inside one of the locks has terrible corrosion and is now a "dumb" lock.

Archived