C4 Forums | Control4

What happened if C4 HC800 stpped working for any reason !!!

salem9960

I am posting this new topic if someone can help me in answering the following questions in case the C4 HC800 stopped working for any rasons

the setup i should have is hc-800, 8 zone amp connetced to 8 rooms, using 6 button keypads in the rooms, using 5 c4 wireless thermostat to control ACs.

1- in case of HC800 malfunction, would it be possible to still listen to music in the rooms ? my understanding that in this case the interfaces such as touch screens or IPAds with My home app will not work in this case so is there any way to still listen to music manually in rooms till replacing the HC-800 ?

2- in case of HC800 malfunction, would it be possible to still use the 6 button kepads to switch light on/off and dimming ? or is it better to have normal dimming/switches for lighting as backup plan in case the HC-800 is not working?

3- in case of HC800 malfunction, would it be possible to still use the wireless thermostats to operate the ACs ?

I appreciate if some one also suggests any ideas or precautions that i should take as a backup plan in case the HC-800 is not working

It will be the end of the world as we know it!!! :-)

This will of course depend on how much of your home is automated

3- in case of HC800 malfunction, would it be possible to still use the wireless thermostats to operate the ACs ?

You will be able to use the Tstat as a regular Tstat if the system goes down

2- in case of HC800 malfunction, would it be possible to still use the 6 button kepads to switch light on/off and dimming ? or is it better to have normal dimming/switches for lighting as backup plan in case the HC-800 is not working?

The dimmers and switches will work also as regular dimmers and switches but your keypads will not work. One of the disadvantages of centralized or panel lightings.

Happened to me a few times in the early days. I've designed and located my A/V system that if so the most basic functions can still be accessed. Meaning that the cable box is still near the TV and can be operated via the ol'dusty remote just in case the system goes caput longer than a couple of days.

Having multiple controllers in a system could help to switch out directors if need be.

You will need a back-up copy of your project for that. Also very important.

A standby controller might be an overkill but a good backup plan if you are seriously concerned.

If power outages is a concern, a robust UPS is an absolute must for every system

With that said, clean power, proper ventilation and maintenance should keep your system running smoothly

Most importantly is having access to a dealer that could troubleshoot and get back to you at a reasonable time frame.

Archived