C4 Forums | Control4

Advice on a couple of items

reace30

I currently have a C4-HC500-E-B, AVM-MC1-B and a AVM-HTC1-B, I use a 10.5" touch screen with several switches and outlets around the house. I just picked up two 7" in wall touch screens and two thermostats. The touch screens are on version 2.2 and everything else is on 1.7. I think that if I upgrade to 2.2 I will loose the AVM-MC1-B and AVM-HTC1-B as they will only support up to 1.7. So my question is should I upgrade the HC500 to V2.2 and get two HC200's to control the theater sets the older controllers are working with currently?

My second question is I would like to replace my current home intercom system with something that will work with control4. I would like to have small touch panels in each room that will allow me to selects media from the HC500, radio and XM plus be able to have the integrated control4 usage. It would be nice to be able to use it as an intercom system as well. What is the best way to accomplish this?

And the 500 CAN run director on 2.x although I'll note that it may prove slow-ish even on small systems.

As for intercom, the infinity edge 7", 5" and the newer versions of those all have build-in intercom capability (a license to activate is required), so this may be something to look into. Camera capability will only work with the newer versions mind you, but they'll do audio among all of them - including audio from the doorbell station.

Archived