C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 outlet to control subwoofer or Buttkickers

drmark12pa

Has anyone used a Contro4 outlet to control either a subwoofer (I have a Klipsch) or Buttkickers amp?

My goal is to be able to use only the sub or only the Buttkickers or use both given certain times of the day (ie no sub at midnight but Buttkickers in my theater chairs only at later hours so as to not shake the walls).

I know the Control4 outlet is rated up to 1000w and 15A over both outlets according the spec sheet. My Klipsch sub pulls up to 825W max. The Buttkicker 1000 amp pulls up to 1000W max.

So I just want to figure if I'm not totally blasting the sub or the Buttkicker amp, I'm not going to fry the outlet by drawing too much wattage/amperage through it....

Hard to say for sure based off of specs olone of course. The equipment should be just fine, the outlet might be the question.

You're technically not going over so you - should - be fine.

But if you doubt, you could use Card Access heavy duty controller which is rated higher I believe.

Wingzz,

Do you put a delay on your on switching or just turn it on when ready to use your system? Which Buttkicker amp do you have and how many LFEs? I just hooked up the BKA1000 with 4 mini LFEs and have 2 more mini LFEs on the way. I'm still monkeying around with settings so as to not vibrate the chairs but just get a nice solid reverberation.

Cynight,

Have you used the Card Access controller? I just checked it out which I might purchase to use for my water pump system I'm going to install in the spring for my inground sprinklers so I can take the system off city water and just tap the water table. It would control a small motor for the pump. Would be great to set it up so that it kicked on with the water sprinkler schedule!

Hahahahaha

My wife actually said she thought it was a bit much though I did have the volume up quite a bit when I demostrated them using Tron Legacy BD with the sub on so actually it was the volume that annoyed her more. The Buttkickers do add a bit more realism to me and I like the idea of feeling the bass response at midnight while watching a movie and the wife is sleeping so the subwoofer can be turned off not shaking the walls....

I have 6 theater chairs and installed each miniLFE in the chairs by screwing them to the wood frame.

I actually like using them with music from the testing I did because it feels like you are on stage during a performance....

How did you screw them to the chair?

did you use the mounting bracket?

I used 1/4" x 1" sheet metal screws. I predrilled into the wood frame underneath and attached 2 of the 3 feet of the LFEmini that will flush to the wood. Then another cross beam of wood went across the top so I put another screw in 1 of 2 the vertical post slots for a total of 3 screws holding to the chair on 2 different wood beams if that makes sense. They aren't moving anywhere as far as I can see with the beefy screws I used.

I have the Palliser Bullet chairs and no one at Theaterseatstore.com or Buttkicker seemed to know the best way to attach them.

I will take a picture and post when my next 2 arrive and I install them.

I used 1/4" x 1" sheet metal screws. I predrilled into the wood frame underneath and attached 2 of the 3 feet of the LFEmini that will flush to the wood. Then another cross beam of wood went across the top so I put another screw in 1 of 2 the vertical post slots for a total of 3 screws holding to the chair on 2 different wood beams if that makes sense. They aren't moving anywhere as far as I can see with the beefy screws I used.

I have the Palliser Bullet chairs and no one at Theaterseatstore.com or Buttkicker seemed to know the best way to attach them.

That would be great, thanks.

I have mine just sitting on the floor with the legs of the couch sitting on the pad of the base, but would like to actually mount them so they are not as visible in the room

That would be great' date=' thanks.

I have mine just sitting on the floor with the legs of the couch sitting on the pad of the base, but would like to actually mount them so they are not as visible in the room[/quote']

It might be more difficult if you have the larger LFE's... I have the mini LFEs which are about as big as a large orange.

Do you have anything else running off the same Control4 outlet? I'm planning on running the sub and the Buttkicker amp so I can run either or both depending on the situation. Is that how you are using yours to tailor it to your audio/video source at the time?

No I always use both sub's and the buttkickers, if they dont like it upstairs, just wait, the movie will be over in two hours :)

what I actually have on mine is the buttkicker amp on one and a slot machine on the other, and if that isnt too much of a load for it then they are pretty solid

Archived