C4 Forums | Control4

Is there a market for EV drivers?

wappinghigh

I wasn't referring so much to EV drivers and swapping out C4 hardware...that goes without saying that such a license should be transferable.

I was curious about swapping out third party hardware (and then not requiring a driver for *that*)

I mean there wouldn't be too many other customers of my dealer with a LinnDS and C4..(and no driver).. Let alone in world..:)

If a customer changes dealer then licenses can be moved between dealers. This covers situations if dealers go out of business or stop offering Control4 and so on. We deal with each on a case by case basis. There has not yet been a situation that has not been accommodated to everyone's satisfaction.

If a customer changes dealer then licenses can be moved between dealers. This covers situations if dealers go out of business or stop offering Control4 and so on. We deal with each on a case by case basis. There has not yet been a situation that has not been accommodated to everyone's satisfaction.

:) Like I said:

Never be afraid to talk to you new dealer however about such a situation...can't vouch for others but we are never unwilling to TRY and work something out - somehow.

Service is the name of the game.

Both Recluse and EV are very reasonable solution providers. As Will mentions it'll be case by case, but when it comes to the people that fall through the safety net - most everyone that is in this for "real" will try and work things out.

Yes. we're in this to make money - just like all of you work to pay bills. That doesn't mean we intend to suck you dry and leave you hanging. As I said - service is the name of the game - I've always seen myself more a service provider than a "retailer" of goods.

There, an advantage of the dealer model :lol::P

Archived