C4 Forums | Control4

Popcorn Hour Driver

Jaffacree

How do i get the popcorn hour to integrate with C4? I have the driver in, i can control the menus and stuff. I have no cover art and no playback control from my interfaces. How do i scan in media from the NAS server? My Movies shouldnt be needed with the Popcorn Hour driver from EV?

I am connected to the proper has. I can scan the movies in with control 4. I don't get any playback control with controll4 on the popcorn. The HDMI is set to the popcorn hour. Movies do show up in that room. Cat play them. Does the ev driver for this control cover art through the popcorn hour or c4?

cover art where? In the movies section of control4 interfaces? or cover art natively in the popcorn hour system?

Cover art in control4 is controlled by control4 media scanning, EV mymovies can add to this.

Cover art in popcorn hour is controlled by popcorn hour, has nothing to do with control4. I think you have to turn it on, might also need to upgrade firmware...

I'm having a very hard time following you.

Do you mean you can't control the popcorn hour via control4?

What driver are you using?

What type of movie file are you trying to watch?

Where is that file stored?

Sorry, I'm the middle of watching game 6 of the nlcs.

In the movie section on control 4. I have the my movies driver also. I'm not sure if its needed. Does the popcorn hour use its media scanning for cover art and control 4 finds it? I can't control the popcorn hour thru control. Media wise that is. I can pause and play. I can't play a movie from the movies section in control. I have the extra veg. Driver. The movie file is a. TS burned bluray. All of the files are on the nas

Hmm, what is a TS burned bluray?

I don't think popcorn hours can play native bluray rips? Just isos? Not 100% sure on that one.

I think your driver might be screwed up a bit, did you install the popcorn hour driver, or the mymovies popcorn driver?

Just a hunch, try installing a duplicate of the driver in the same room and see if it starts working... Long shot, but worth trying...

This you are beyond what I can help with... Time to contact EV...

A .TS is just a file extension that the bluray was burned in. The popcorn hour plays them fine. Just no using the control4. I have the popcorn hour driver and the my movies driver. I really just don't have any idea what the popcorn hour driver does. I'll call ev tomorrow. Thanks

Archived