C4 Forums | Control4

C4-kpz-6 vs. kpz6b1w

sevendustweb

Uhm, not sure if these are not both older model nrs. current modelnr is C4-KP6-Z-XX. XX being the color code.

No difference between them from a user (or programming) standpoint. Over the years the leads have changed from copper to aluminium, leads have become a bit thicker, longer and robust. That sort of thing.

Leads are *not* aluminum.

If they look silver, they're likely *tinned* copper.

I think it's against the law to sell things with aluminum leads... Aluminum wiring led to house fires in the '70's, and are very finicky on their termination with copper.

RyanE

Who said there weren't any h-w changes? I already mentioned changed lead wires. Another is the position of leads on the back-box so some changes there - both the wire and the back box.

However not every change in hardware means a change in any way in functionality - that's more the point than anything - you will not notice any diffrence in function once in and no realy difference in install , identification etc.

The only thing I can think of to watch for is if they are ZPro or Embernet, the latter being able to update to ZPro so more work (assuming you go for updated software) and if they are 120v or 240v (assuming the 6-buttons even come in 240v - I honestly don't know).

As far as I can remember the only units getting a "significant" h-w change (of the 120v line-up) are dimmers and switches.

Archived