C4 Forums | Control4

1.74 to 2.2.2 Upgrade

cbstive

Adding a HC800 and upgrading from 1.74 to 2.2.2

Going through and following the release instructions I am running into an issue as I start the process to update the zigbee devices.

As I try to select the EmberNet controller i get an error

The following controllers could not be modified.

Media Controller is unable to change state.

Any ideas?

In reading the release notes and instructions I thought it said that the new antenna in the 800 would not be able to upgrade embranet devices and to use the MC

My light switches were purchased back in 2007 I am assuming they are embranet.

• 3 weeks later...

hey sorry to hijack this thread, but i just did an upgrade from 1.7ish to 2.0.6 i think. After the upgrade via composer pro, my remote no longer works (just says control 4 remote on the led), and when i try to use the ipod my home app to watch tv for example, only the tv turns on but it doesnt go through with the entire maco (turning on the cable box, receiver etc) what happened here? I think something messed up. From what im reading i may need to buy a new remote but what about the system in general? Should it not save all the old settings and stuff? I'd rather not call my dealer. Thanks.

Yeah, I can see why you'd rather not call your dealer, since you possibly screwed up your project with the update.

:)

Updates can be tricky, and isn't something most people have time to give support for any issues, I'd recommend you talk to a dealer (maybe not even your own, but *some* dealer). There are some on these forums who do help end users remotely, and may be more open to getting your system back up and running.

Sorry that you're stuck.

RyanE

Archived