C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless Thermostat CCZ-T1-W reboot / factory reset.

zariaman

Will rebooting the thermostat reset it to factory default?

I don't see an option for factory default, it is a used device and I am trying to get it identified but I am having issues.

reboot: left button 9 times, middle button 4 times, right button 9 times.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Same question as "SomeGuy4" -- I have minimal Control4 programming/installation knowledge (enough to be dangerous to myself probably).  Can you explain "13-4-13" more fully?  It seems to indicate a sequence of button presses on the C4 thermostat unit -- possibly:  left button 13 times, middle button 4 times, right button 13 times -- is that correct?

What does 13-4-13 actually do on the thermostat unit?

Follow-up question to answer posted by Cyknight - if one uses the 13-4-13 procedure to have the thermostat leave or disconnect from a network, how do you re-identify the thermostat to reintegrate it into your network?

(I'm having issue with my C4 thermostat where the iOS app and My Control4 website are reporting "120 deg F" as interior temp with a set temp of "70 deg F" which are both incorrect -- the thermostat unit itself seems to display the correct room temp and set temp, but remote access to the thermostat shows incorrect info.  Other forum posts on this issue seem to indicate that the "13-4-13" method somehow corrects this incorrect info and allow remote access through iOS app or web to function normally.  My prior dealer changed his company name and doesn't respond to phone calls or email - I've now seen multiple BBB complaints on the dealer online...  That doesn't seem like a great avenue for resolution so hoping I can manage a few C4 system things myself)

Archived