C4 Forums | Control4

WTB: Homesite site license

C4Automator

your best best is to go through a dealer, there are no "good deals" with licenses, you can pay the same for one dealer or another.

I would agree though I've found slight variances in what dealers charge, but its slight like $5-10 difference. This is unlike equipment which the discounts can be dramatic from one dealer to the next

In 2.2 and earlier, that is true. 2.3 is in beta, and likely may change that.

RyanE

Ryan, you are hinting at great news. I have Myhome Site license, but I find chasing my dealer(multiple emails and phone calls) to identify a new iphone too much trouble. It only leads to frustration for both the customer and the dealer.

Separately, I also have 4Sight. Has C4, ever consider allowing the app to have an Away mode? So, when i am not home, i can still use the app but through 4sight connection? Tivo's iOS app has a home and away mode and it is pretty seamless.

Ryan, you are hinting at great news. I have Myhome Site license, but I find chasing my dealer(multiple emails and phone calls) to identify a new iphone too much trouble. It only leads to frustration for both the customer and the dealer.

Agreed. It's one of the sore spots with MyHome Site License. I suspect Control4 will sell more when homeowners can manage their own devices, and most dealers don't have an issue with that, as it's mostly a nuisance to manage such small tasks for customers.

Separately, I also have 4Sight. Has C4, ever consider allowing the app to have an Away mode? So, when i am not home, i can still use the app but through 4sight connection? Tivo's iOS app has a home and away mode and it is pretty seamless.

Yes, it's certainly an oft-requested feature, but I'm not going to mention timelines as to that sort of thing happening.

RyanE

It would be a good idea if a customer bought a new product and it even adds myhome via the customer pays a certain amount (as a comission for a dealer) As the dealer that could focus on something other than always add one or two dimmer for a client.

Archived