C4 Forums | Control4

LED color back to previous

ActiveSauce

Is there any way to change the LED color on a keypad, and then later change it back to the original color, without hardcoding what that color was? For example (contrived), at sunset change all the bottom LEDs in the house to purple, and at sunrise change them back to whatever they were before (even if they were all different). I don't see any way to store a color in a variable, so it doesn't seem like you can save the previous color for later. But if I'm missing something, let me know...

• 6 months later...

Yet there isn't.

Although you can "store" the led color for on/off on dimmers/switches, you cannot for keypads. Nor do I know how well it would work.

Of course nothing prevents you from programming something to have LEDs go back to whatever color you use as "default".

you store the value in a variable, then you use programming off of some sort of event (button press, time etc) to set the led color to the value in the variable (string of top of my head).

Not much different then just setting it back to "blue" or whatever you use as a default.

Archived