C4 Forums | Control4

Motion detector question

therodog

I'm using a card access motion detector in my media room so that when I walk in, the lights come on. This only happens when the room is off.

When I'm done watching a movie, I turn the room off, get up, walk over to turn off the lights and walk out the door. When I do that, the motion detector turns the lights right back on.

Any good programming trick to resolve this problem?

Here is what I do on ALL my lights -

For each room I have a "timer" set - this is triggered by the motion detector.

The default for the media room might be ten minutes. The pseudo code for this would be something like:

If Motion detected

If timer is running then re-start timer

If timer is not running then start timer and turn on the lights

When timer expires turn off the lights

NOW when I turn on the projector all I have to do is STOP the timer and the lights stay where I want them.

On turning off the projector re-start the timer - the lights will always go out flawlessly now.

The advantage of doing it this way is that when you go into the room you get the default lights. HOWEVER - if you or your wife wnat a different mood you can manually adjust the lights as long as the timer is running.

You can also change the amount of time on a timer programatically as well - which is cool

Hope that this helps.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Here is what I do on ALL my lights -

For each room I have a "timer" set - this is triggered by the motion detector.

The default for the media room might be ten minutes. The pseudo code for this would be something like:

If Motion detected

If timer is running then re-start timer

If timer is not running then start timer and turn on the lights

When timer expires turn off the lights

NOW when I turn on the projector all I have to do is STOP the timer and the lights stay where I want them.

On turning off the projector re-start the timer - the lights will always go out flawlessly now.

The advantage of doing it this way is that when you go into the room you get the default lights. HOWEVER - if you or your wife wnat a different mood you can manually adjust the lights as long as the timer is running.

You can also change the amount of time on a timer programatically as well - which is cool

Hope that this helps.

Bill

Courtesy of TexasBill.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if you are controlling your A/V equipment with control4, but in my theater; on the stop, or pause events for my Blu-Ray, Tivo, and Apple TV, I have the theater lights programmed to ramp to 15% (and also turn on the bathroom light), and then ramp back to off when play is pressed for each respective device. Same function for when room off is executed...

Under motion detector settings, what is stop motion detection?

Kevin

If you mean under programming - this is the point that the motion detector will report in it no longer "sees motion" (this would be after whatever occupancy time has expired after last motion was detected).

If you don't mean under programming - please explain further (I'm not seeing any settings under the normal motions I use OR a CA motion I have,,,)

Archived