C4 Forums | Control4

C4-16amp3-b

phreeze

Is anyone using the new version of the 16 channel amp? I am trying to design a system and I didn't like what I had read about the other versions of the Amp regarding sound quality etc? Would I be better off looking at something made by say Audiocontrol or other. If I do something like that do I lose functionality such as "Play this sound in this room when this happens" .. I had also been eyeing a product by Leviton. a 12 channel amp..they also have a unit much like a Russound unit.

looking for any guidance I can get without the sales tactics I am getting at local dealers.

Quality of C4 equipment

I am frustrated with C4 quality. I have two of the original amps. Both required fan replacements. Out of one year warranty, so my problem, including cost of installer to remove and replace. Amps were out for over two weeks each, with the system down in my house in teh interim. Now the power supply is dead in one repaired amp. C4 generously is sending a new V2 amp, if I pay for the power supply, but I still pay for my installer to remove and replace. Can I also get the other amp replaced, so my system is not down when that one breaks? Sorry, no, it is not broken....

What should the life expectancy of an amp be from a quality non-C4 supplier? Would this be typical in a Crestron install?

Archived