C4 Forums | Control4

1 Click DVD Ripping Software

andy.cytexone

This is more for customers when they want to rip DVDs. Plus it integrates into Windows Media Player and auto pops up "Do you want to copy this DVD?". Free is good for us, and for them, a $60 program that takes all thought out of ripping is ideal :)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ripping their DVDs into the computer and streaming to some sort of media player. I was looking into the Buffalo Technology HD Media player/DVD because it seems to play back many file formats and I could build a driver in my C4 system. If this works well, I then could buy 2 or 3 more of the Buffalo players and buy a large (at least 1 Terabyte) NAS drive and keep all my movies stored on it. I'm sure there are flaws in my thought process. Right now I use DVD decrypter and DVD Shrink to burn my movies and put my copies into my 777 changer. Any thoughts? Jeff

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The simpleshare 500GB NAS with 2 USB ports works great. It will address 1TB of data (500GB internal, 500GB external).

Use an Xbox running XBox Media Center (pointing to NAS) and you are good to go.

This will get you ~200 uncompressed DVD's for around $400.00.

As for ripping, we've had great success with ANYDVD and DVDShrink.

• 4 months later...
The simpleshare 500GB NAS with 2 USB ports works great. It will address 1TB of data (500GB internal, 500GB external).

Use an Xbox running XBox Media Center (pointing to NAS) and you are good to go.

This will get you ~200 uncompressed DVD's for around $400.00.

As for ripping, we've had great success with ANYDVD and DVDShrink.

I know this thread is old but did you create a control4 driver for xbox media center? I do the same thing except my nas is a lime technology UnRaid server that I built with 3TB.

Anyone else looking at the new Popcornhour network media tank? Looks prety good and the price is right.

Archived