streaming audio

Have a project with:

Great Room-MC, tv, sat, sony777,dvd,rec

Office-HTC, tv

Kitchen-SP

i have the HTC video and audio out to the tv

MC has 777, Sat and Rec to inputs

Here is the prob.

When i start a mp3 music stream to office through the tv it will not play, the tracks show in now playing. If I try and join another room into the session its 50% that the music will start playing in both locations.

If I start a session in the great room or the kitchen then join the office in, the office will play. If i remove the other rooms to just leave the office, the office stops playing. As soon as i rejoin another room the office starts back up again.

In other words, the office will not play music by itself, it will only play if another room is on.

????????????????????????????

I had a job with the exact problem, where everything was properly connected and configured, and after a while with tech support, it ended up that the specific HTC was not fully updated. Once updated, it worked fine.

Maybe try another update of the HTC??? If not already done. The be specific, the audio server version was not at the latest rev.

k i did update and that did not solve, i think the endpoints are correct cause otherwise it would not work at all. but, what is the easiest way to post the connections on here to get it double checked?

ok, got it to work

took the audio endpoints and changed to a different item- it should be the tv in the office and i changed it to something else. then i reversed that and brought the endpoint back to were it should have been - the tv.

it fixed it.

so in my mind the endpoint was internally broken and by removing and replacing just that endpoint restored whatever was broken.

thank you all who replied!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived