C4 Forums | Control4

SONTE: iPhone/iPad Android DIY WiFi Digital Shades

In the video titled "Wardrobe Privacy" you can see the wires. They claim the wires will be "more streamlined". Not sure you could retro fit this...probably be like retrofitting motorized blinds.

I looked at it on my phone the first time, and didn't see those other videos. Yeah, retrofit will be hard. Plus, most modern windows one pane slides over the other when "opening"...wires don't do well in that situation.

• 4 months later...

I emailed these guys a few times - even offered to make some high level VC connections. No response. 

There are a few other companies out there doing it and I have a feeling that this will be very commonplace and cheap in a few years...

I emailed these guys a few times - even offered to make some high level VC connections. No response.

There are a few other companies out there doing it and I have a feeling that this will be very commonplace and cheap in a few years...

I've been to a house that had glass staircase and glass walkway, and the flip of a switch made the glass "frosted" so ladies wearing skirts/dresses could walk on them without providing a show. One of the coolest things I'd seen.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

I've been to a house that had glass staircase and glass walkway, and the flip of a switch made the glass "frosted" so ladies wearing skirts/dresses could walk on them without providing a show. One of the coolest things I'd seen.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

LOL - I have seen only the glass not the film. The glass is UBER $. This film will prove to be uber cheap in the next 24 months. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

We use 

http://www.intelligentglass.net/smart-film-self-adhesive.html

All you need is a relay to turn it on and off.

appliedautomation,

I'm very interested in this. Can you tell us a little more? Do you have any examples of pricing, is it priced per square foot and what is the clarity (is the film as clear as the glass?) of the film when it's applied to glass?

Archived