C4 Forums | Control4

LiivNas Vidabox

AdamT

So Ive been thinking about going a different direction with my movie ripping. I love the Vidaboxx but I have the opportunity to get something better. Just tossing it out there but would anyone be interested in a 6 month old LiiveNas with a 1TB Drive? $1250 firm.

Pretty awesome unit, put in DVD or BluRau and it rips it, grabs metadata, files it and so on.

http://www.vidabox.com/products_liivnas.php

please email me at adamtvogtATgmailDOTcom for some reason I cant send or get emails or pms here.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey adamt, I clicked on the link in the OP...which of those models do you have? I don't see "Vidabox" listed.

Also, can you direct it to rip the files to ANOTHER NAS? One other questions...where does it grab the Metadata from? Is it accurate/reliable like MyMovies?

C$

Mine looks like this one.

http://www.audioholics.com/gadget-reviews/vidabox-liivnas-media-nas-pre

It works with My Movies to get metadata. Right now i have the Vidabox set to rip the data to my NAS and the DuneHD pulls the movies from there to watch them. I have all of the C4 integration licenses and such for Vidaboxx, MyMovies and EV network driver for Nas and Dune.

Yes there is a lifetime Anydvd licenses on it as well.

To rip a flick all you do it put it into the vidaboxx and come back when it ejects. It rips, metadata, C4 libraries it and all. Literally a one step process once its set up. You dont I used to say one button but you dont even have to push eject on the box once the dvd is ripped it ejects itself.

Very simple to use. I just got the larger one and more NAS space so i dont want two....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived