C4 Forums | Control4

Panasonic bl-c230a cameras integration

snipboy

I have three cameras coming to integrate into my project. I know the ptz functionality will work, but will the microphone and motion detection functionality also work? Will I be able to create programming around the camera detecting motion? Also, my Panasonic TVs will be able to view these cameras with a single push of a button. Will I still be able to use that or will c4 take complete control of the cameras?

No there is no audio/motion option in the camera's to use direct from C4. If it has "alarm" and audio out connections on the unit you could of course wire those back separately to use.

C4 is for all intend just a USER of the camera and so any secondary functions/connections will continue to work as normal provided they themselves don't override normal use.

Additional question... once the driver is in place for one camera, can I continue to add cameras of the same model and see them in Composer HE? Or will I still need dealer assistance with each new one I buy? I just got one of the cameras today and it works great. Very happy with it and excited to see how it works in C4.

Glad you know all the ins & outs.

Never said anything about C4 needing this at all. It's also not limited to Panny by the way. If all are on the same port however viewing from a remote location won't work (not inside C4 or a full VPN).

Is suppose it isn't REQUIRED as such, but then again I didn't state it was - should is not must.

Just to clear up my post - as I'm confusing myself ;) "(not inside C4 or a full VPN)" - I meant that as meaning remote viewing issues when on same port do NOT apply to C4 remote viewing or viewing on a full VPN etc.

It would apply mainly to port-forwarding actually.

I also read statements in the manual verifying cyknights statements about the ports.

I'll have a total of six cameras shook various panasonic models. Some wired and some wireless. Hope this comes together right.

Just to clear up my post - as I'm confusing myself ;) "(not inside C4 or a full VPN)" - I meant that as meaning remote viewing issues when on same port do NOT apply to C4 remote viewing or viewing on a full VPN etc.

I think you're still confused :)

outside.address:4401 port forward to cam1.inside.address:80

outside.address:4402 port forward to cam2.inside.address:80

outside.address:4403 port forward to cam3.inside.address:80

Works a treat !

I think you're still confused :)

outside.address:4401 port forward to cam1.inside.address:80

outside.address:4402 port forward to cam2.inside.address:80

outside.address:4403 port forward to cam3.inside.address:80

Works a treat !

No not confused - that would work just as well - two solutions to the same problem.

I also read statements in the manual verifying cyknights statements about the ports.

I'll have a total of six cameras shook various panasonic models. Some wired and some wireless. Hope this comes together right.

If you have CPro or a dealer who needs fill work and you already have cams up & running, why wouldn't it? The port stuff is just a guideline. I shouldn't have even questioned it I guess.

Archived