C4 Forums | Control4

Google Chromecast

carl01

• 2 weeks later...

I got one the day they were announced, and don't find it all that compelling.

Control would be useful, I had issues controlling it (play/stop/pause) once the video was running.

It's interesting, but until it can do something other than blockily stream youtube, it's not great.

RyanE

• 3 weeks later...

You should have your dealer change your ZigBee channel to 24, which is the single ZigBee channel that should be out of the WiFi spectrum.

That's what we do for systems setup at shows (CES, CEDIA, etc.), and it works beautifully to keep WiFi from messing with the ZigBee.

Should solve your problem (assuming it's WiFi interference).

Good luck.

RyanE

Thanks for the replies, I did wonder if this was going to be all it is meant to be cracked up to be, obviously it seems like further development is required before it becomes a useful addition to the systems we create. Hopefully good things to come especially as its from the Google camp.

• 10 months later...

It's a cool little piece and I'm surprised other don't like it, it's basically a wireless music bridge for video. However after playing with mine I'll stick with AppleTV as it has far more to offer. I had hope google would catch the ATV quickly in channels or apps it supported but so far that's not the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived